xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stylius

OpenFest In Bulgaria Presentations of open-source software.

An event called OpenFest is to happen in Bulgaria on 15th October. There will be presentations of opensource software and technologies.I saw the list of presentations and it looks like the most interesting of them will be those for PHP and MySQL.I will post later if something interesting is said.

Well, OpenFest is well-known for its organization of festivals and events for free and open-source software developers and technologies. I'm not sure whether this is its first event in Bulgaria, but it should be worthwhile regardless.Unfortunately, I don't know much about the status of Bulgarian software development. How about you tell us about it, alongside your narrative of the festival's events??! :mellow:

Well, OpenFest in Bulgaria is in the history. I will probably take the presentations in digital format and translate them (but I don`t promise). I will try to take them and then I will share my impressions.Here is a sneakpeak:What`s new in MySQL 5.0 (currently in beta).OpenStandarts-OpenSourceHow to migrate to OpenSourceFree Culture - Free knowledge - this was a lecture for different licenses (ridiculous or tragedy)KIAX - open-source skype alternative.

Sounds quite interesting. I wish I can get my hands on a translated version of the Free Culture - Free knowledge lecture. This is a subject by which I'm veritably fascinated, being a huge supporter of free information myself. I do my views on the subject, though. :)