xisto Community
GameUltra

Wow, IPB 2.1 !

Invision Power Board has always been my favorite, but I have always held a special place in my heart for the way Vbulletin arranges the posts, with the names and avatar above the post. Whenever I looked for an IPB template, that was the feature I would look for. Vbulletin's default layout is far better then IPB's, but if we are discussing power and ease of use, then IPB wins without a doubt. Just recently I was able to use an IPB 2.1.6 and this was after a long break from forums in general and the last IPB board I had used was 2.0.0 or something. At first, I was overwhelmed but within minutes I had my bearings and I was setting up the forums like it was a piece of cake. The new addition of the Management, Look & Feel, Tools & Settings, Components and Admin buttons at the top of the ACP threw me off. Moding IPB boards is very simply too. The way the code is layed out allows for easy editing. I cannot say for sure if Vbulletin is the same way because I have never gotten further than the ACP on a Vbulletin board.I guess to be fair however, the most powerful, but yet the most flexible board would be vbulletin (to me). I have seen more boards that have been morphed into what look like websites but are forums using Vbulletin software then IPB.