xisto Community
toilet95

Anime others thoughts on anime

My first anime was Gensomaden Saiyuki (Season 1). It was a cool anime since then, until Season 2 came out and ruined my interest in it, basically becuz the 2 seasons came from different producers. The new producer does not have a clue how to continue the story, the plots are just... LAME.And then came Rave. Nice anime too. I watched til Season 1, and never bother to watch Season 2 becuz i've alrdy lost ineterest in it as well ;)I'm now watching Bleach. Gotta admit, the coolest and nicest anime so far I've seen. Used to like Naruto but it just gets boring. Even without the fillers now, the whole anime just doesnt seem to have a plot or somewhat. Bleach is the best anime. Better than any other.

I've watched so many anime series' now that it's not even funny lol... I was trying to make a list and it was getting pretty long. I actually started watching it only about a year and a half ago, when I downloaded a music video that someone created to a song that I liked (and the images they used in the background of the movie was from an anime show), and that sort of peaked my interest and made me go.. 'hmmm, I think I want to look more into that'.So, I downloaded the anime series, and I thought it was pretty cool, and I really liked the way that it sounded, since I watched it with subtitles and the original Japanese voices. And I decided that I would try and learn to speak Japanese... and I've learned quite a bit already. I took years and years and years of french class in school, but after only like a year and a half of trying to learn Japanese, I've already passed the amount that I know in French. It's crazy, but I love it.I've also ended up buying several anime series on DVD now and the manga to go along with it. But most of what I watch is still online, but the ones that I really like and want to watch again, I try and find them online to buy... because I've looked around in the stores around here and haven't found any of the anime series' that I've been looking for. They have some of them in the stores, but I guess I just don't like the 'common' shows or whatever lol...Luckily though, I have been able to find a bunch of the manga in the book stores near my house. It takes a while to find the next book usually, cause the selection isn't all that great, but over the time I've managed to get about 30 books or so. My addition to anime and manga is starting to get expensive lol. And the sad thing is that I want to go and buy more right now. I've got a bunch of things that I'm keeping my eye out for that I haven't found yet lol...I even got my sister hooked on a couple of the anime series' that I watch. She's into the really girly ones... I like those typically the best too, but I watch things from all sorts of genres, cause I'm interested in most kinds (except the mecha ones... those just haven't seemed to do it for me for some reason lol).The latest thing that has seemed to "spring" from my anime addiction is my love for Japanese dramas. I've been watching a bunch of those too, and it's been pretty interesting when I find ones that were based on an anime series and to see how they differ and stay the same. I've watched so many of those as well by now... I really do want to make out a list one day, because it's getting hard to keep track of which ones I've seen to the end and which ones I'm still watching, because I don't usually start one and watch it until the end, I start new ones all the time and watch an episode of them all here and there, so I guess it's more like the way that you'd see them on the tv.Mind you, some of the really good ones that I just couldn't stop myself from watching, I've watched all in a row and finishing them off in a day or two (or longer, if they are of the really long shows with lots of episodes).Funny thing, right before I came to reply here, I'd been sitting at my computer and watching anime all morning, so it sort of excited me to see a topic about it lol... I guess that's why I rambled on for so long about it. I should stop now ;) I hope I didn't kill anyone with boredom that decided to actually read through my crazy rambles about my anime obsession lol.

I've never really been a big big big fan of anime but use to watch some of it. (Dragonball Z for the win!! xD) I also watched some other animes but I guess I just got bored with the anime and quit watching them. Now I don't really care for it, only thing I do that involves anime is renders and stocks for graphics.

I have never been in anime, or anything remotely similar to anime! I wsas never even into Dragonball z or pokemon. I know its wrong to judge people for what they like, but i dont get how people can get so into it that they get basically obsessed and freaky about it. They let it consume it, its not even that interesting, from what i have seen/read. Its a very nerdy/geeky/bizarre thing to let take control of your life. And i really hate seeing little white 13 year old bi girls/boys obsessing over it - it isn't something to be proud of.

Here, in our country, we are bombarded by a lot of anim? series ever since the anim? revolution began here. So, in the end, there is no shortage of anim? to watch, that I even get quite tired of some just after a few episodes. And we don't even have cable TV! I've never been really fond of any specific anim? series 'coz, at one point or another, I easily tire of them.

I do, however, think some anim? series are, like, terrible. No offense, guys, but it is my opinion that DBZ's story and animation suck. I mean, c'mon, is it everyone's signature desperation move to launch a barrage of flashy smoke bombs at the enemy? 'coz every time they do that, the enemy escapes unscathed, then it takes just one well placed shot from a deus ex machina to finish him off. Again, that was just my opinion.

I also used to like Sailor Moon but I am terribly disappointed that every finishing move was by Sailor Moon. It was sooo boring that when, finally, an episode came up where Sailor Jupiter "killed" (or purged or saved or cleansed) the enemy all by herself, without the aid of Sailor Moon, me and my sibs all stood up and clapped our hands and went "Whoooh!"

Right now, I'm watching Naruto Shippuden and Bleach.

Bleach has been Tagalized here, that is, dubbed into our local language and it pretty much sucks so we opted to watch the subbed versions instead :)

What other anim?? Hmmn, lessee, yeah, I did watch Pok?mon and Digimon. Actually, there was an issue back then 'coz Pok?mon aired months before Digimon. When Digimon was aired by a rival network, narrow-minded kids said, "Augh, I don't like Digimon, it's a rip-off of Pok?mon," simply because 1) it also ended in -mon, 2) it was by a rival network and 3) it also featured "pet" monsters.

Hah! If they only knew what they missed! I luuurved the Digimon soundtrack (Digital Monsters and 02) and combat much more than Pok?mon's gay battles. By that, I meant Digimon combat is much more adrenaline-pumping that Pok?mon's lame attempt at action :)

OH MY GOD WHERE DO I START?NarutoBleachInyuashaDBZRurouni KenshinRanma 1/2much more i even watch the Japanese's ones where its Englished sub titled, love it!

i can't remember the very first anime that i watched, but it could be one of these: BT'X, Zenki, Flame of Recca, Dragon Ball, YuYu Hakusho. right now, i am currently watching Naruto. I've finished Yakitate Japan, GateKeepers, Magic Knight Rayearth. well i've watched others, i just can't remember the some of the titles, and some i haven't really watched all the episodes. my classmates and friends recommend Bleach (although i am so-so about it), Death Note (which i'll be downloading when i get a new hard drive, i've already read the manga).

The very first anime I ever watched was... I wanna say Sonic the Hedgehog, which was when I was, like, in 1st grade-ish. After that was Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z. 8D AFTER THAT, Pokemon started to air~ xDMy brother was the supplier of anime for me back in the day, since he was older and chose all the cool looking gore-y actiony fighting MECHA ones (ie. Neon Genesis Evangelion, which is one of my favorites). I guess that affected my taste, because I'm currently infatuated with Eureka 7 and Kuro no Keiyakusha (Darker than Black)~.... but I guess I've grown away from that, too, because I love Studio Ghibli work to the point of obsession, and my brother's a meanie who won't even give Miyazaki a try. D:Though, ever since my friend introduced me to manga in 8th grade, I've been reading more than I've been watching. ^^;But I still very muchly love anime. =]