xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cyborgxxi

Crediting Your Photos Is there a certain software?

As you all don't know, I have a Sony Cybershot which I take pictures with :mellow: I think photography is a cool hobby... taking pictures of scenery, vegetation, people, places, things. However, I have to say that taking pictures with a digital camera has some disadvantages - a film camera has much better quality and shutter speed.If I swish my hand, for example, it's going to appear as a blur unless I use flash (my digital camera). I don't know how it works for a film camera, but I still think film cameras are cool!!Anyway, enough about what I am doing. This is what I want to do: I want to label a blue, Arial, 12pt "Bobin L <cyborgxxi@gmail.com>" at the bottom right of every picture in this folder. How can I do this?I have tried Picture Package in Photoshop CS but the extra white space in the layout is very undesirable.If you have any comments or opinions on what I should put there to credit myself on every photo, please share them :blink: And don't forget to tell me how to label my name/contact on each photo in an automated process, if you know any, that is. Wait a minute - what I meant was I want the pictures to be creditted with something about me so that others can't take credit for themselves. You know what I mean?Anyway, someone tell me how and what I should put there.

I think there's this Actions tool in Photoshop that lets you do a process over and over again automatically. It's in the Action tab. I don't have Photoshop on this computer, so this is just from my memory, and might be wrong:1. Create a new action.2. Click the Record button. Everything you do from now on will be recorded, so make sure that you do them right.3. Use the text tool to create a new label thing at the bottom corner, change it to blue, Arial, 12pt, and type in the text you want.4. Click the stop button.Now that you have set/recorded the action, you can use the action. Open your photo, and chose your action, then click on the play button. It should start applying the steps onto your photo. If the label is in the wrong place, just drag it into the correct spot.Again, these are from my memory, and they might be wrong, but that's the basic idea of what to do.

IrfanView (freeware) also has an option to do this, go to "Batch Conversion" on the File menu, select your pics, and go to Set Advanced Options. Check "Add Overlay Text", and tweak the options under "Settings". Make sure you set the output directory!

im confused, we are talkin about a watermark on a still image correct. If thats the case you dont really need any extra programs or anything, just use photoshop.Open you pic in photoshop, click the text button, adjust your settings accordingly and then type away. If you want it to be somewhat transparent, all you gotta do is click on the text layer and change its opacity.The only draw back is you would have to do this on every picture by hand.. unless you had them all in one window as multiple layers, then you just save them all as different pictures...then again i tend to do stuff the long way so if the above posts are quicker and easier, go for it! :mellow:

I've been wanting to do this for a while. I cant bare the thought of someone using my precious photos without permission :mellow: . The Photoshop action seems the logical choice. I also know that Adobe Bridge allows you to embed META data into your photos which is helpful also.-Ryan

I think there's this Actions tool in Photoshop that lets you do a process over and over again automatically. It's in the Action tab. I don't have Photoshop on this computer, so this is just from my memory, and might be wrong:

1. Create a new action.

2. Click the Record button. Everything you do from now on will be recorded, so make sure that you do them right.

3. Use the text tool to create a new label thing at the bottom corner, change it to blue, Arial, 12pt, and type in the text you want.

4. Click the stop button.

Now that you have set/recorded the action, you can use the action. Open your photo, and chose your action, then click on the play button. It should start applying the steps onto your photo. If the label is in the wrong place, just drag it into the correct spot.

Again, these are from my memory, and they might be wrong, but that's the basic idea of what to do.

1064324854[/snapback]

Yeah this is correct, but there is one more step to make it even easier. Photoshop has a batch prcessing function. After recording the action, go to File > Automate > batch conversion (I think). Make sure your new action is selected in the appropriate menu and and set your setting for the source and output folders, etc. Then you just let it run and it will apply the action to all of the photos in the specified folder! I used this function alot when I worked in one design department. Although I was a designer I worked with the phtographers alot and we had to process and sometimes even print hundreds of photos. I would just do the first one and than batch process them all. Then I could go take a coffee break and draw in my sketchbook, while the computer did all the work. :mellow: