xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dondada

Buying A New V-card And Need Help.

i dotn think 180 fps but cs:s is nto very demandign game thats how its designed ( to max proformence) becuase its a multiplayer only game

im from australia and for 170$ u can barely get any thing but the use dollar is quite higher

i can get a Gigabyte 6600GT SLi ready fro 250$ over here (money well spent)

1064333678[/snapback]

I'm from over 'here' (ie; aus) aswell and some of the shops are a bit of a rip off. I'm planning to get the 6600GT 128mb AGP card, nintek.com.au has it down at $199 now I believe.

Guys, having a good graphics card here is nice. Being able to run every game with everything in ultra quality is also nice, but do you realize that if you let a game run on some insanely high fps, what will happen?1. Your monitor doesn't even support so much refreshes per second so it will just drop frames. If you are lucky you won't notice it, if not (a difficult scene to render) you will notice fps lag.2. You're wasting your GPU power, since you let it render frames but don't use them.So, for the best gaming performance (smooth graphics) set the resolution of your screen to the 'native' one (eg. for TFT screens it's the optimal resolution stated on the box or something). This doesn't matter for CRT since they work differently.Also, lock your fps on the maximum refresh rate of the monitor and enable vsync. Eg. I have a 75hz refresh rate on my monitor. So I set the maxfps of my games at 75, because my lcd won't support higher anyway. (good tip to squeeze / save the last bits of power of your older graphic cards)ps. Multiplayer only games don't make the game demanding, it's the graphics itself, CS:source is a very nice looker so it demands quite some power.