xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jvizueta

Playstation 3 Vs X-Box 360 PlayStation 3 Aiming for Xbox 360 Compat

“I saw a Sony PlayStation 3 presentation slide last week,” he said. “Guess what was on it.” We guessed a picture of our staff looking dubious. It wasn’t that. We guessed a PlayStation 3. We were told, “Of course a PlayStation 3 but what else…?” We gave up. With a crafty wink we were told, “A PlayStation 3 linking out to all sorts of things, being compatible with them all in some way. Guess what one of the things was.” We said we didn’t like guessing anymore and just wanted to know. “An Xbox 360! In some way, Sony is planning on making the PlayStation 3 ‘talk’ to the 360, though exactly what they are planning wasn’t explained.”Our source was 100% explicit about what he saw and was 100% confident in his conviction. “The slide was shown to many delegates at the ELSPA summit. It was on screen behind the stage for a long time. I can’t believe no one noticed the Xbox 360 in the corner.”Neither could we. It just seemed too far-fetched.

âI saw a Sony PlayStation 3 presentation slide last week,â he said. âGuess what was on it.â We guessed a picture of our staff looking dubious. It wasnât that. We guessed a PlayStation 3. We were told, âOf course a PlayStation 3 but what elseâŚ?â We gave up. With a crafty wink we were told, âA PlayStation 3 linking out to all sorts of things, being compatible with them all in some way. Guess what one of the things was.â We said we didnât like guessing anymore and just wanted to know. âAn Xbox 360! In some way, Sony is planning on making the PlayStation 3 âtalkâ to the 360, though exactly what they are planning wasnât explained.â

Our source was 100% explicit about what he saw and was 100% confident in his conviction. âThe slide was shown to many delegates at the ELSPA summit. It was on screen behind the stage for a long time. I canât believe no one noticed the Xbox 360 in the corner.â

Neither could we. It just seemed too far-fetched.

1064324315[/snapback]

I can't belive good 'ol MS hasn't said anything about it yet, I mean their system is supposed to come out before thanksgiving isnt it? Leave it to MS to keep it secret and suprise everybody.

--------------------

Sm0k3y Mcl3uD

I plan to stick with my PS 2 until next christmas time at least, maybe longer. Why? First off, there are plenty of PS 2 titles still coming out. Second off, these first generation Xbox 360's will lack the next generation DVD drive. Lastly, the next generation DVD format hasn't been decided yet. Personally I want to see if Blu-Ray or HD-DVD is going to win, as well as for a decent game catalog for each system, before I plop down USD 500 for my next system.I have the mini PS2. I'll swap with my friends to get an X-box now and then to play games like Halo and KOTOR, but generally I've liked the graphics on many games on the PS 2 better, most notabley the Ghost Recon 1 series. Ghost Recon 2 and Rainbow 6 games using the Spliter Cell engine are way too arcadish for me on the consoles. I can't wait for Battlefield to come to the PS2.