xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pomjim

Anti Terror Laws

Here in Australia, the government is about to pas new “anti-terrorist” laws, which will include such things as:The right to hold somebody for up to 14 days without charging them.The right to hold that person “incommunicado” The right to jail a person for “supporting terrorism” that will including comments made in emails, on websites etc.As even the meaning of “terrorism” has not been made clear by the government, how can a person know beforehand if he is supporting it? The vagueness of the whole issue is causing great concern here, does your country have, or plan any laws like this?

Holland probably doesn't have such laws, although I must say that our prime minister (Mr. Balkenende) is kinda like a servant of George Bush. I believe there is some kinda law here that allows the US army to barge right into holland if an American is hold in custody there.So if america has such laws, I guess hollands gonna copy m sooner or later.

Yeah. 'our' 'governement' in england are attempting to implement a law that will allow 'detention' for up to 3 MONTHS without trial. And we have those compleaty vague laws about 'supporting' terrorism being a crime. Not sure but here goes: british foreign policy in the middle east creates an environment in which, were i to live there, there is a possiblity that i would become a terrorist.Am i a criminal? - i dont think so, i am purely expressing my human right to free speach.

Edited by organicbmx (see edit history)

The problem with terroism, is that when you respond to it by bombing IRAQ, you are simply fueling the hatred that the terrorists use to recruit more terrorists.We all saw the photo's of the children, who lost both parents to stray bombs, and were hospitalised.When a terrorist tries to brainwash this person when they grow up, telling that this person that amerca is evil, it will be hard for that person to dissagree.You cant stop terrorism by fueling hatred with war.You cant free iraq from dictators, who abuse citizens, and then go on to hold your own citizens without trial, all the while singing "innocent untill proven guilty"

Since 9-11 the US government has implemented such a policy. While this is something that can be abused by some, just as anything else can... It's a step in the right direction. With the expanded usage of the internet into virtually every home, it has given to many sick, psychotic, depraved etc.. people access to to many victems.. especially younger children. Lets face it, we can blame the parents, but how many of you, that snuck out as a kid to meet friends, sipped off of a bottle of booze or smoked without getting caught, are ready to stand up and say your parents were unfit because you were able to sneak such things? As easy as it was for us to do the things we did as kids, it's even easier for a child to turn a computer on with the sound off while everyones a sleep. While it might start out as harmless, it's just opening up a new avenue for the freaks of the world to find more prey.