xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
justin138

G4tv's Anti-spyware Product Derby Results.. Up to date results on Spyware programs..

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Last week the guys at Call For Help on G4 took a PC and ran scans with a bunch of different free(and pay) programs but chose NOT to delete the spyware, then ran the next program and checked what it found.

Suprisingly, Microsoft Anti-Spyware found ALL of the older spyware, but not any of the newer ones. Keep in mind that program is in BETA, and therefore might not have updated definitions the way they want them yet, so that could be why. Nonetheless, no other program found ALL of the older spyware, so it is ranked #1 on their list.

My spyware routine now consists of Microsoft anti-spyware, followed by Spybot and then Ad-Aware!

You know why this is happening though right? I'm a security analyst at a few forums and one of the big forums I'm at have basically blacklisted Microsoft AntiSpyware. Micro$oft basically delisted some of the spyware infections that we ask users to remove...they basically set their scanners to Ignore instead of remove/delete. Because of their actions, most of us don't ask users to get that program anymore until they change their ways.Ad-aware at one time did the same thing, but it was only for one of the spyware infections. They put it back to their detection database shortly though...As most users should know, there are no programs that can remove everything. Even when all these programs are combined, they may still not be able to remove some spyware (old or new). That's when other specific tools come into play...I have Ad-aware, Spybot and might I also suggest getting Ewido Security Suite. That program not only removes viruses/trojans but it also targets spyware pretty well too. Ewido has a free edition, which does a fantastic job as well.

After trying a lot of antispywares I am 101% sure that there is no antyspyware which can find and clean of them all. The only method to clean your pc after spyware attack is to manually remove them from your system and registry. Although it is not a easy task to do for a novice but unfortunately it is the only method on whihc I can beleive.