xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cube Domain1405241509

The Phoniness Of Television and mass media

Let me get one thing straight, I hate the movies like poison. Most famous people come from movies and music. In my opinion, the best protagonists are those you feel you can talk to after watching their movies. Apparently you won't find anyone like that. This is probably why they're called "actors." Just look out your windows, you will find these phonies everywhere! If such people can be found in movies, they would never be famous.Remember that the only way humanity will ever accept you is if you make people idolize you. And we all know that you'll never be able to do so without pretending you're someone you're not. Sad, really.

I hope you are not going to tell me you like those horrid reality shows. No acting sure. No art. Only people with no life of their own would watch these.I love movies because I love art and stories. Of course there are movies without much of either of these and so I think they stink. Movies can also be a strong and shocking dose of reality that take us outside our sheltered little lives. Take for example a recent movie titled "Crash". It show how stupid, petty, confused, confusing and wonderful that people can be. Nothing happens as you expect it.I do think it is strange how actors and entertainers have become some of the most important people in our society. But this fact is more honest than politics in the US has become for a long time, for these people are actors and entertainers whether anyone admits it or not. On the hand, I think it shows the true source of human values. It does not come work like the stupid Marxist believe. It does not come from trade goods or even the necessities of life. Ultimately value comes from human creativity. The great things in life are acts of pure creation and movies are superb examples of this indeed.Yes we are surrounded by phonies and pretense. It is how many people react to fear and protect themselves from pain. But you only get past these defenses by opening yourself up to the risk of being hurt yourself. Hostility and contempt is another mask and although open hostility may be more honest than those, who hide their hatred beneath a web of lies and a smiling face, it is still a reaction to the same kind of fear.In condemning movies and actors you have hidden behind one of the worst kind of defenses of all. Scapegoating. It is a means by which people hide from themselves and pretend that they are not becoming exactly what they despise. You need to consider how you are putting on an act yourself and what role in a movie of your making that you have chosen.