xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

Reinstall Windows Xp without having to reinstall current appl

How to reinstall Windows XP

You can reinstall Windows XP, without having to reinstall current applications.

And keep your cookies, favorites and …

Insert Windows XP CD into CD-Rom

Click Start > Click Run > and type

H:\I386\WINNT32 /unattend

And click OK and follow installation steps.

Note : H:\ is my CD-Rom letter B)

My computer is running really slow now, do you think that this is a safe way to speed it up, I was thinking about reformating, but I was to lazy to back up everything on the HDD.

My computer is running really slow now, do you think that this is a safe way to speed it up, I was thinking about reformating, but I was to lazy to back up everything on the HDD.

1064323388[/snapback]

yes B) ,this keep your installed current aplications and settings

When it comes to the computer starting to slow down, i always do a full reformat. Backup all the bits that i need and just wipe the lot. Just saves having to sit there for ages waiting for it to load up. i have a P3 about 700mhz and because i do this, its quicker than my parents 2ghz P4.

yes. you should do a full reinstall. doing a repair will only fix problems with windows components. if you're running slower, then you have objects in your system that are taking up your computer's resources.

doesn't this clean up your whole registry, and application information/settings/keys/... and necessairy application data (realy needed for an app to run ???).I also want to say that this does not remove viri, adware, spyware and other infections.

Is there a software that will back-up the stuff I need for the reformat? I mean, I'm currently backing up the stuff I need and it's taking so much time!! My Nero or my combo drive is having problems because sometimes, it would just sit there, frozen and not responding. Most of the time, an error will show up about "Invalid track info" or just sit there frozen for 2~5 minutes at a time.Bah.. so annoyingBut anyway, I wish I had my Windows XP CD >_<