xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zony

Switch To Firefox, Today !

Well I think this show everything HERE. For now I will wait a little more for firefox to be free out of those staff and then I might make a switch. I hope it will become better. because for now I am staying with Internet Explorer 7.

I downloaded firefox 1.0.4 a while a go but never had much reason to try it. I resist using plug ins as well, I keep refusing the macromedia flashplayer, for example. Ok, so maybe I am paranoid. But I figure the less crap on my computer the better. I finally tried firefox in order to see if it would solve a problem I had with yahoo mail. I kept getting sent to a "Page cannot be displayed" after logging on to yahoo mail. Surprise! Using Firefox did solve the problem. Of course I have better email addresses but I want to keep all the ones I have. I cannot "switch" to firefox. There are sites specifically designed for IE which I have to use. Although there is one with a minimum requriement test which detects firefox as Netscape 5.0 and accepts it.I do not get tabbed browsing and I don't like the way that firefox opens a new window. The main reason that I use the new window feature is for branching. I need to see the info on the current page while I explore links from that page at the same time. Both of the above features of firefox get in the way of this. Ok I can right click on a link and open it in a new tab, but in the new tab it opens the back button does not retain the memory of your previous tab. Anyway I have to say I prefer IE in this regard.I see all these enthusiastic praises of firefox. But they are a bit meaningless to me without details. What is so great about firefox? So far the only thing that makes it worthwhile at all to me is that it lets me use my yahoo mail account.

I see all these enthusiastic praises of firefox.  But they are a bit meaningless to me without details.  What is so great about firefox?  So far the only thing that makes it worthwhile at all to me is that it lets me use my yahoo mail account.

1064323334[/snapback]

Here it is as brief as I can do it.

Mozilla made the Firefox browser with the most advanced security options available to them, so it is much more secure than IE. IE comes with lots of bundled junk that slows down your computer when it runs, so Firefox also runs faster. And in case you care, the Mozilla fox looks a lot cooler than that stupid blue logo Microsoft has for IE.

Firefox is much better then Internet Explorer. I always used IE and my friends kept telling me to change to Firefox. They were right. I like the extra protection firefox gives and the tabs you can use while browsing. The page also looks so much better on firefox than it does on Internet Explorer. Some people also use Maxathon, but I don't know how that browser is.

Yeah, I've been using Firefox on my PC for more than a year now, and I love it. I'm using the Brushed theme. ;)

Actually, I did have it before I got my PC...I got it for my iMac when Internet Explorer 5.0 for Mac suddenly wouldn't let me view some forums below the "My Controls - View New Posts - My Assistant - Inbox" line. Yay for Firefox! :P

Most certainly FireFox... It is much better than IE, AND Opera, because it's made for people. Of course, IE and Opera are also for people (well, duh!), but they go off their road to often. Internet Explorer is nothing specail, it's just made to make Windows "better", but it doesn't seem to work. As for Opera - it's been created to make money. So, FireFox is the best! It also has many other options, such as tabs, which I adore. And it has less bugs and holes in it.P.S. I think everyone knows this, but it can't hurt. Instead of right-clicking the link and then opening the new tab, you can click on the link with the middle mouse button :P FF rocks ;)

I agree Firefox is definetely better that Microsoft Internet Explorer. But I heard somewhere that it's actually less safe, is that true? It dosn't seem like it to me. The latest version of Netscape is a combination of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozzila Firefox. And now Microsoft owns Netscape. Does that mean that Microsoft owns Firefox too? If they do, then why are the two products so inferior? And if not, how did they include it in Netscape?

Internet Explorer is really horrible. I used to have Earthlink, which is how I discovered the wonder of tabbed browsing, and then I switched, and had to find a new browser. Netscape Navigator is a good one, but then I found Firefox. It is the best browser ever. Plus, you can download themes and plugins easily within a matter of minutes or even seconds.I wonder how I ever got along without it! :D