xisto Community
andrwxsCOL

Plants Can Generate Energy Electricity from Plants?

Recent Studies revealed that the Miscanthus, a type of grass of high altitude, would generate electricity when burning it in special factories. According to a team of scientists who participate in the conference of Dublín, the Miscanthus, that grows up to 4 meters of height, needs a minimum fertilizers to produce abundant harvests."Yes we planted Miscanthus in the 10 percent of optimal territories of the world we are going to generate 9 percents of the total of the energy that takes place", it assured professor Steve Long the University of Illinois in the United States.When this plant grows removes dioxide from carbon of the air and when being made you burn them is generated the gas again, then, the net effect on carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is zero, also would therefore contribute to solve the problem of the global heating. This could be a nice kind of help the earth, and make it most confortable, with plants, take caring the bio, and use the energy produce by this plants.

Well I don't think so, this plants are natural, and they are very easy to manage. I don't think that they will other negative efects.

Obviously, I think that we have to be carefull with all that we do because, sometimes for solve a problem, with make a big mistake;

Just with a little of control, will be fine and it will be a good option for energy,

Looks like nice future for all of us. But, im sure there will be problems with that. Reminds me on that game kknd krossfire, and command&conquer - to get money and energy you must harvest that plants... B)

This definitely sounds great! B)To be able to grow plants and then burn them to produce electricity is a very welcome “invention”. Do you know how much electricity they produce? I doubt it is much… But hey, everything is better than oil and coal!Though we’ll probably see the same effects this time as always: big oil companies trying to keep this product out of the market. They did it with many of the hydrogen machines and they’ll probably do the same here. So let’s us just hope, that this will not happen here. I hope this will change many energy-producing methods today and be an energy source that will be taken seriously. Great news! :P

That is quite interesting a plant that when burned can genterate electricity, I am assuming that it would be of low cost to raise this plant and in turn use it to generate the power. But what would happen if it too bacame as what fossil fuels today are, on the verge of being exausted we might end up in the same place we are as of now racing to find, "the next best thing" that would prodice energy for a time.

Just think in this, why we are continue consuming fossil fuels today ?.... because all the people that work with this want more and more money, there are right now new technologys... a lot like this that prevent the use of Fossil Fuels, but in this money monopoly, all that the people want is win more and more money, and they don't think in other options that exist for fuel. We are in the 21th century, and we have the tenchnology but, because this kind of technology is more economic and don't make so much money like fosssil fuel, the "monopoly" people preffer destroy the world, and dissapear all the fosil things, intead of make a lot of money only for them. We have to act now!