xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
andrwxsCOL

Intelligent Soccer Ball Finally an intelligent ball in soccer

I think that all the discusion about if the ball is in or out, will be answer with this smart thing.The Fifa will put in the field the ball able to detect if it happens or it line of goal and the opportunity is not perfect: the world-wide Sub-17.The initiative appeared with the objective to lend an aid to him to the referees at moments at which the eye does not catch what yes it can catch a chip.The "intelligent ball" takes in its interior an electronic chip, of approximately 15 millimeters, that send signals to several antennas placed around the game land and to clocks in the wrist of the referee and of their assistants.There the ball will be used in all the stages so that the Fifa makes an evaluation of the test in February and depending on the results, is decided if the ball in the World-wide one of Germany 2,006 will be used or no. [/b]

Um, did you use a translator to translate this to English? I cannot understand what you are saying...I'm guessing that they made a ball that can tell whether it went out-of-bounds or not? Is that correct?

Well I not speak so much english and I try to traslate by myselft; and yes it is the idea, for example, if one player hits the ball and make a GOL, and the referre is not sure, he can watch his clock and there a smal transmiter will said if the ball is in or no.

macace8 they dont, you are right this is because there is no television referee in soccer and also tennis and all the decisions are left to the judge to make it "fair" or leave it as the game was since it first began - a sort of "if in doubt" give it to the player. Giving players a greater chance of error unlike american football or rugby and now sadly even cricket. so with this ball being introduced it is just another way to decrease the margin of error - which i think is spoiling the games.

Definatley pros and cons to this.I mean if in some cases it is your team on the receiving end of the goal then you'll hope the ref doesnt see it (as in Man united's pure luck against Tottenham last season) But obviously you'll want it on your side if it did go in and and its not counted.I personally think they should just leave the game as it is, too many rules and regulations will soon spoil a game that i love very much. Its just another way for people to have more control over something in life. You dont see that kind of crap on a cold sunday morning when playing, its all just down to the ref. Thats how it should stay in my eyes, its not done any harm for the game for the last 100 years.

Definatley pros and cons to this.

I mean if in some cases it is your team on the receiving end of the goal then you'll hope the ref doesnt see it (as in Man united's pure luck against Tottenham last season) But obviously you'll want it on your side if it did go in and and its not counted.

I personally think they should just leave the game as it is, too many rules and regulations will soon spoil a game that i love very much. Its just another way for people to have more control over something in life. You dont see that kind of crap on a cold sunday morning when playing, its all just down to the ref. Thats how it should stay in my eyes, its not done any harm for the game for the last 100 years.

1064322947[/snapback]

Well I think the same as you, but I think also this is good, maybe just for see that the technology is going in all the camps, and is fulling all the normal life of the people. But you have right, some many rules can be bored the game, well we just want to play and be happy with a beautifull ball, kick it, and make a wonderfull GOL!!!

Um, did you use a translator to translate this to English? I cannot understand what you are saying...

I'm guessing that they made a ball that can tell whether it went out-of-bounds or not? Is that correct?

1064322797[/snapback]

I think he's just copied and pasted part of it from an article, but he obviously missed out the crucial bit that tell syou about the ball, how it works and so on.

If I find some information about this new "intelligent" football, I'll post it later.

I think he's just copied and pasted part of it from an article, but he obviously missed out the crucial bit that tell syou about the ball, how it works and so on.

If I find some information about this new "intelligent" football, I'll post it later.

1064323272[/snapback]

I don't do it come on!!!.. I just from a contry that speak spanish and is a little difficult the english. I have read this from a local newspaper, and I try to write a little paragrhap, but I don't know so much english.. please forget me, I try to do my best, if you don't like, just don't post ! Ok!

I think a lot of the thinking behind this idea (and I do recall something like it being mooted by EUFA) is due to the amount of money in fooball nowadays.Getting into Europe is worth so much that a goal allowed or disallowed could make the difference between a club making extra millions.And certainly it would make the Man Utd "goal" mentioned a non event, which has to be good, surely?(lucky they didn't have this back in 1966 eh?)