xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
plot

Mysql Error

Hey i got this error trying to install something on my database

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'rpg_class`	(`name`, `folder`, `regatt`, `magicatt`, `magicdef`mysql error number: 1064
can anyone tell me what this means or how i fix it?? thanks in advance

Did the error occur whilst using phpMyAdmin or did it occur after you applied the new fields into a table?Are the new fields 'name`, `folder`, `regatt`, `magicatt`, `magicdef` actually in the table?

$RPG_sql['install']['query']['rpg_class'] = "CREATE TABLE `" . TABLE_PREFIX . "rpg_class` (	`id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,	`name` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',	`folder` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',	`regatt` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',	`magicatt` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',	`magicdef` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',	`regdef` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',	`speed` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',	`evade` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',	`type` int(10) NOT NULL default '1',	`typename` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',	`visible` smallint(5) NOT NULL default '1',	`gender` smallint(1) NOT NULL default '0',	PRIMARY KEY (`id`)) TYPE=MyISAM;";$RPG_sql['install']['explain']['rpg_class'] = 'Created Table: <b><i>' . TABLE_PREFIX . 'rpg_class</i></b>';

im trying to install an integration hack into my board and the error occured wilst i was in the process of running the queries

CREATE TABLE `" . TABLE_PREFIX . "rpg_class`(

I'm not too sure, but haven't you forgot quotes around rpg_class, or maybe there's something like a space or whatever in your TABLE_PREFIX variable?

im not to sure, im not really keen on MySQL so i couldnt tell you if its right or not....i just follow the intstructions on the read-me...Ive posted this problem a few other places but this is the only place where i accually got a reply :-\ it would be nice if some more people gave a bit of thier knowledge