xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

How To Disable Password Expiration (xp) Windows XP

How to Disable Password ExpirationBy default, In Windows XP passwords have an expiration date and Windows XP user Passwords will expire after 42 days, and when you try to log on, Windows XP display below message: "Your password will expire in 14 days.....".To disable Password Expiration:Go to Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Computer Management or Click Start > Run > and type control userpasswords2 and click OK to run User AccountsClick the advanced tab, and then press the advanced button.Select Users in the Local Users and GroupsIn right side, double click on your username, in General tab, check “Password never expires” and finally click ok

By default, In Windows XP passwords have an expiration date and Windows XP user Passwords will expire after 42 days, and when you try to log on, Windows XP display below message:"Your password will expire in 14 days.....".

What? Does this apply to all the user accounts? I've been using XP for 2 years and haven't had a single prompt to change the password neither for the regular user nor the administrator.

Notice from SpaceWaste:

Please use the quote function properly...It is crucial you close all the tags, or you may get alot of credits you don't deserve.

This has been a warning B).

Just like everyone else here, I too never had to deal with that password expiration message on my home computer.It's for the corporate environment only and I don't think they want (or like) users to disable that feature. Most users probably can't even disable it since they have a limited account with no admin rights. It's used for a purpose, to cycle your passwords every xx number of days to protect your account.

when you install Windows Xp, installation ask you a passwordif you leave it blank, your administrator account haven`t passwordbut if you fill password field,you should enter password to login to Administarator account,and password will exp in 75 days

when you install Windows Xp, installation ask you a passwordif you leave it blank, your administrator account haven`t password
but if you fill password field,you should enter password to login to Administarator account,
and password will exp in 75 days

Ok... I guess you mean to say it's for people who use the administrator account for regular use instead of creating another user account. That's why I never saw it before B).

Yes, it seems to be an optional setting for XP nowadays. I have never had that promt on my Windows XP machine either. The last time i recieved that prompt was in Windows 98SE (not 2000 as i think my dad changed the settings - he hasnt touched our XP machine settings yet!). But this info provided to us should be useful for those people out there that had enabled that setting yet are now getting annoyed with it.