xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

Pay Per Click Advertising CPC : Cost per click

PAY PER CLICK

Pay Per Click (PPC) programs pay you on the basis of the number of clicks you earn through your ads. They are only concerned about the clicks and the no. of times you show the ads dont matter. Also, any purchases or Actions generating through those ads will not be counted either. Therefore,

PPC advertising/ CPC advertising is :

ADVERTISERS : A bit expensive for Advertisers compared to Pay Per impression but its more reliable as they are paying only for clicks generated.

PUBLISHERS : Good for Publishers as CPC ads pay more per click. However, publishers have to take extra care that their ads work well with their campaign. Else, it will turn out to be a loss for them. However, When targetted properly, PPC/CPC ads are the best form of advertising which is profitable for both advertisers and publishers.

CPC : Cost per Click

Payment is given to the publishers on the basis of the no. of clicks generated on the ads.

Some popular Web Definations for PAY PER CLICK (PPC) & COST PER CLICK (CPC).

1. (Pay Per Click) A model of Website inclusion where you pay an agreed amount every time a user clicks to your website through a Search Engine. Usually you buy the position you want to rank at, for a particular keyword or keywords and pay the Search Engine every time it generates a hit to your website.

2. CPC : The cost per click is the amount you pay (or charge) per click-through of an advertisement. Many advertisers like buying ads on a CPC basis since they only pay for actual visitors. But as we saw in the table above, that's a twisted idea in reality since it is the advertisers themselves that dictate the click-through rate far more than the sites they advertise on. If you accept advertisers on a CPC basis, make sure you tell them you have the right to suggest "improvements" to their banner or other ad so that you can boost the click

3. cost per click. Advertisers whose agreements specify cost-per-click only pay for subscribers who click through the online ad to the advertiser's Web site.

I assumed that that was the marketing you were employing - it's certainly a good idea, and I bet that's a good survey tool for the ad proprietors themselves - ascertaining what ads actually produce results.

In any case, I'm currently attempting to get that on my forum, but it's a one-man show for me so far. Plus the fact that I just started not too long ago.

BTW, excuse my ever slow-slight spam, but if anyone would like to help me by becoming staff for my forum, click my link at the bottom of the page.

Excuse me for the above; if it violates anything, simply delete it.