xisto Community
HTML_Guru

Good Spyware Combo Its a 1-2 punch

For a beta version, Microsoft's ANti-Spyware is very good. I especially like the resident blocker. Also it's abiloity to restore hijacked home pages and the default IE settings is useful at times. I remember that one of my younger brothers had accidentally and unknowingly agreed to install some software which promised him additional smileys for his MSN messenger. Of course, along with that, it also hijacked my personalised search page, start page and kept trying to contact its home server. Being a Firefox user myself, I didn't realise at the time that something wasn't right. It was only later when I had problems running the Norton Antivirus interface (it uses the Internet Explorer engine to render) that I suspected all wasn't well in the land of IE. I immediately restored the settings from within MS AntiSpyware and all was well.

trust me try microsoft anti-spyware its only in Beta right now, I mean i hate MS as much as the next guy but this software is really good not only is it free its terrrific hopefully they wont start charging for the final version reasons why its so good is that it warns when changes are being made to your registry due to spyware altering it its really cool and wouldnt trade it for anything

Why use more thant one spyaware program?At the moment I use Ad-Adware SE Professional with Ad-Watch. Ad-Watch monitoring the system and protect him.It's cheap, very complete and very light to the system.