xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spawn_syxx9

System 32 Corruption? I cant tell.. can anyone else?

Well it started happening in my last hard drive which I have now reformatted and it is now the slave for my new hard drive. Well apparently after dling this Windows Security update (not #2 pack but another one) my system 32 DLL has changed and my AVG lists it as a virus. Do any of you have this?

no idea... maybe an OS reinstall will do the trick if you are looking for a clean system32 dll to replace it. or if you are looking for that particular file, you can simply search your OS .cab files to overwrite the corrupt one you have. (IMPORTANT: but don't take my word for it, overwriting system files may screw your system. do it only if you are sure that it can solve your problem, and after making a complete backup of your drive just in case it turns nasty in the end.)

If I recall correctly there's been several windows-system related viruses such as explorer1.dll, and I THINK system32.dll may also be a virus. Not quite sure really.

Im having a problem with system 32 but didnt know why. I had a feeling that AVG or my adaware was messing up my files. I have been having so many problems with my computer lately. I use Zone firewall, AVG virus scanner. I defrag, my computer, delete temp files, cache everything. My computer is so slow. I know one of the problems is that I need a memory upgrade. Im seriously thinking of deleting my MSN explorer but I need it for my ISP. *screams* I use Mozilla as backup. My scanner say that I have no viruses, nada. Arent computers supposed to make life easier. How do you run XP Home in safe mode?

I've had to reformat twice in the last month. It's pissing me off. All of a sudden, when I'm doing something on my computer, it'll take me to the blue screen of death and shut down my computer. When I boot it back up, it takes me to what I call the black screen of death, something that gives you options of:Starting Windows in Safe ModeStarting Windows in Safe Mode with NetworkingStarting Windows in Safe Mode with Command PromptStart Windows with Last Good Known ConfigurationStart Windows NormallyWhenever I select any of them, it starts to load and then for a split second it shows something that looks like "Physical Dump of Memory" with a blue backround, and then it shuts down again.It's *BLEEP*ingpissing me off, I can't wait until I can afford to by me a nice new Mac laptop.

Yeah I basically put up my system restore and now it is fine. I am going to reinstall SP#2 since it doesn't interfere with anything for me so I don't really care.

That is why I dont use antivirus anymore (Yes, I dont). I still remember the last time my pc ran an antivirus ... lol ... norton detected a virus inside mIRC's (popular IRC Client) log files. Soon after this, I found out what was the so-called virus, a private message saying "BlingBlingBling".

My point is that some (can I use 'most'?) antiviruses find viruses/trojans/worms/etc inside your pc but actually its clean! I still find hilarious Lavasoft's Adware's scanner. "This file is a possible browser hijack attempt: about:blank".

Just to be sure, if your antivirus says you're infected with something, go to a free online virus scan (I recommend TrendMicro's and not Panda's). You know... 2 opinions are better than one. :)

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Hi Solar,your problem DEFINITELY sounds like a hardware malfunction. Get yourself a Linux or DOS based(NOT windows) hardware Diagnosis program & run it. If you can't find one by searching...and you need specifics re: where to get one... just Pm me.iF THE DIAGNOSIS PROGRAM won't run at all (ie. you get the same "black" boot screen..THEN you can be 100% sure the problem is hardware & not the Windows OSHope this helpsRGPHNX

I wish to thank you all for your help. Though I did find out through Microsoft themselves that the Service Pack 2 and other security updates were what really changed those files. Damn Gates for trying to swindel me.

Thats why i dont download the updates right away i wait and see what others say about it on a different forum website i got to. The best way to fix a windows file is to reinstall windows, you didnt have to reformat it. The new windows should replace and repair the corrupted file. I believe you also can remove the files from windows updates manually from your computer by the add/remove and click show all updates checkbox. Thats about all i got for you it hasnt happened to me and i am updated with all the windows updates as of now. I am guessing it doesnt like some kind of hardware you have on your computer.

Hi all,when are we ALLLL going to learn that MS "updates/upgrades" are full of bugs. If you trust them to do a professional/safe/complete (choose one) job... then you get what you deserve for your misguided loyalty. Always WAIT to check other peoples oppinions re: the "safety" of MS updates and ALWAYS BACK UP (image your computer is even better) your total computer HD BEFORE you use any MS "upgrades" er.. aka. "crashware".RGPHNX

yer my system 32 got infected at one time computer wouldn?t start at all I had to do unthinkable stuff to get it to boot the recovery disk took nearly 2 weeks that?s along time when all you get is the blue screen of death so I would try fix that since you don?t want what?s happened to me...........serious!