xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
troyilicious82

Kanye West Disses Bush Video

this is a very difficult situation to talk about. I agree that it was totally uncalled for. i really respect Kanye West for his musical talents, but during that kind of presentation, that comment was made at the wrong time. I don't support the actions of the government during the hurricane, although now, it does seem like theyre trying too hard to make up for it. everyone knew it was coming, so how come there weren't any preemptive actions taken sooner? oh, wait, the president was on vacation... sorry... i dont think the president is racist, i just think hes too blinded by greed to care... then again, that's just my opinion....

yes i agree, bush is a stupid person, i swear he wouldnt be able to find his butt with his both his hands, its kind of that not being able to push a dead alien over, because it makes stupid decisions and just doesnt realize it then he makes the same stupid decision again, he can be really moronic sometimes, usually most of the time.

The thing a lot of people forget is that almost every single decision made has to pass through congress and other places before it becomes an action... so you cant just blame bush "stupid decisions"

and im sorry i dont see how people say Bush is racist.. i mean the majority of people still stranded are black, and all rescue efforts are movin them out as fast as they can, but im having a hard time putting that together as equalling racism...

am i missing something, please tell me cuz i want to be more informed about this.

Even though I don't like Bush myself, he is not racist. The only thing I liked when he's on term is the airport security after 9/11. He'll go on another 5 month vacation rather than go to office and work again, I bet.

Gamerchick, if the president declares a state of emergency, he can do just about anything he wants without congressional deliberation.Personally, I am torn between blaming the inept FEMA officials and President Bush, who appointed those inept officials because they shared his ideology, rather than having any practical experience. And let's not forget that about the slashed budget for the levees. If they had been properly maintained, New Orleans would probably be fine right now, but as a Jefferson Parish emergency management chief, Walter Maestri, said, "It appears that the money has been moved in the president's budget to handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose that's the price we pay."

Poor Meyers and Tucker - they're just standing there like, "HUH?"As for Kanye West: he's a freaking moron. "Bush doesn't like black people." *snorts* So THAT'S why Bush got Condoleeza Rice! Because he hates her! Yes. It all makes perfect freaking sense now.As much as I disagree with, oh, 60-80 percent of what Bush does/pushes for/supports, I can't say that he's racist.But I *can* say that the state and local government in Louisiana should have done more to get their people out. It wasn't like the Asian tsunami, where nobody knew what was coming until it was right on top of them.Just more bureaucracy and old-boy b.s. at *all* levels of government. *sighs*

I really cannot stand Kanye West, i mean REALLY.He is an arrogant t****r and just thinks he is something he,s obviously not, God. I mean this whole Racism business is just getting way out of hand, because Bush is just pure lazy he is now racist? Did Kanye seem to forget that there is all races in the area that Katrina hit? No it was just a way to stir up controversy amongst people, and to get himself heard. These people need to grow up and stop all this crap about racism, why people cant get along i dont know.

Sarah81, some would argue that Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell serve as protection buffers from claims of Republican racism. I'm not claiming that the two are not competent or that Bush is racist, but rather that having people of color in his administration serves his own interests, regardless of how he personally feels about blacks.

enve19, wtf is a t****r?

Did Kanye seem to forget that there is all races in the area that Katrina hit?

The vast majority of people trapped in New Orleans were black. This is a verifiable fact. People with means escaped New Orleans, leaving the poor. Poor white people were trapped also, but in much smaller numbers.

i think that this is just turning into a big, unnecessary argument.... personally, i think that kanye west is a great musician, but his comments at that performance were also very unnecessary... this is a time when we need to stop pointing the blame and come together to fix things... its ridiculous how people get when tragedy occurs..

that may be true, but there's a time and place for it, and right after something like katrina happens, when people are too devestated to care if the president is racist or not is not the right time....

i think that now that the president has accepted responsibility for what happened, things will start to change, but not unless the people make sure they do.... it's OUR country, not just his....