xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rapco

Can't Run Any Local Server On This Pc help on local servers

I've been having a problem with ALL THE LOCAL SERVERS... i formated my Hd like two months ago.. and now no server works!!!!!I think something is blocking the apache and the Sql servers..I have Windows Xp Professional SP2, AVG Free antivirus, No firewall, No spyware, no Adware.. kind of insecure ain't it?please help me!i have tried XSAS, Uniserver and XA.. somthing (don't remeber)...ThanxS!

I've been having a problem with ALL THE LOCAL SERVERS... i formated my Hd like two months ago.. and now no server works!!!!!

I think something is blocking the apache and the Sql servers..

I have Windows Xp Professional SP2, AVG Free antivirus, No firewall, No spyware, no Adware

.. kind of insecure ain't it?

please help me!

i have tried XSAS, Uniserver and XA.. somthing (don't remeber)...

ThanxS!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did you reinstall Apache and MySQL. If you don't reinstall them, then windows won't be able to find them.

Additianoally, you'll need to adjust the windows firewall settings that come with SP2 to open port 80 (HTML) even for your LAN to access apache.

Are you able to start and stop Apache and MySQL through the command line?

vujsa

Did you reinstall Apache and MySQL.  If you don't reinstall them, then windows won't be able to find them. 

Additianoally, you'll need to adjust the windows firewall settings that come with SP2 to open port 80 (HTML) even for your LAN to access apache.

Are you able to start and stop Apache and MySQL through the command line?

vujsa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, i haven't even install apache or MySQL because Xasas or XAXM don't need to be installed for those servrs to run.....

My firewall is deactivated (i don't use it, so i have open the port 80 anyways?)

how can i start those from command line..

all that i know is that if a pong localhost i get response from 127.0.0.1

help!

Maybe your Internet Information Server is running? ISS comes with the Professional version of Windows XP. Maybe by any reason it's running. Do you have a standalone PC or are you behind a router? Routers must have loopback turned on to show the served pages on your own machine.

I unistalled the IIS from my OS, and yes, i'm running behind a router, but i have been using it for a long time, it has never presented a problem in that issue...

The loopback if i'm not mistaken is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ but if you type LOCALHOST/ then you'll get the WWW serverr taht you're runnning...

the thing is.. mine's getting blocked up!!!!!....

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jajajaja, you'll never beleive this!!!!!

i followed vujsa advice (THANKS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!..o r lady??? ;) ) and opened the port 80 in my firewall settings.. altough i DON'T USE FIREWALLS... and while writing this i remebered.. and test it out... guess waht!!!!

it's running!!!!!!!!!!!!

OPEN YOU'RE 80 PORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That Service Pack 2 has a lot of "SECURITY" features that interrupt our lives if not properly configured. The new windows firewall that is installed by the SP2 has many more options than before but is turned on automatically. The feature is great for 99% of the population but for people that want to run a local server, things are more complicated.Glad everything worked out for you. ;)vujsa

nope, false alarm... it work that ONE time and now it stopped working....Please, any more ideas!!!!! i really need help with this, i use the local server to update my website, so i'm doing it on the host and it's taking forever!!!!.. plaese!!!!

Sorry to hear that you are still having problems. It is possible to turn the Windows Firewall off completety. This may help. Otherwise, go to add/remove programs and uninstall Service Pack 2. If things work after that, then at least you'll know where the problem is. You can always reinstall SP2 in the future if it isn't the problem.How are you requessting your local pages?127.0.0.1localhostRouter assigned IP address. (192.168.0.100)IP address provided by you ISP. (200.106.175.197)If you are using your ISP provided IP, is your router properly set up for port forwarding?Has your systems IP been changed from its original IP:Router assigned 192.168.0.100 and that was the IP that port 80 was forwarded to then the router assigned 192.168.0.101 after a reboot.There is a long list of problems that can occur with local web severs. One last thing, check under the advanced settings for your firewall and be sure that port 80 is still open. I've had mine randomly reset without assistans from a human. vujsa