xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Dedicated Teamspeak 2 Server- Need Help Cant setup my router, forgot what to do

Well Teamspeak 2 Is a dedicated server client and i turn it on and go to my router,I go to the firewall and thats where i forgot what to put if you can please help me the setup for my router firewall is as follows:Wan or Lan put ip source beginning then endWan or Lan put ip destination beginning then endPort type ts2 is 8767 UDP i got that part just the main IP entering part please if you can help me i have a D-link SI-524.

It is your LAN IP thats needed to forward the UDP port to the computer running the server - trust me on this i run several dedicated TS servers and even have a TS Display on my website hosted here at Xisto, Also if you would like to access the admin sections for TS from the internet or from another computer and Telnet u will also need to forward the 2 other TCP ports to the same LAN address on your router. If you need for help just PM me.Good Luck

It is your LAN IP thats needed to forward the UDP port to the computer running the server - trust me on this i run several dedicated TS servers and even have a TS Display on my website hosted here at Xisto, Also if you would like to access the admin sections for TS from the internet or from another computer and Telnet u will also need to forward the 2 other TCP ports to the same LAN address on your router. If you need for help just PM me.

Good  Luck

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks but i found that out after the first guy replies something just ticked in my head "more ports to open?"so i went and found the other tcp port so i opened those up and it ran like a charm thanks for your responses though, greatly appreciate it.