xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KewlKC07

Cancer Cure? Anyone Know If This Is True?

I believe they cured this with labrats right ?

But then again, never sure how true it is (could have been coincidental, or that korean scientist case). Then again, how does it affect humans.

They may be able to cure it on for example the chimpanzee and still take 20 years before a good cure for humans is developped.

At least they're giving signs of progress. I think that's the important factor with these discoveries.

And yes Illini, most deaths or future threats are global warming and other natural causes such as illness. Yet a man with a moustache is deemed a larger threat; there was a good article on Digg about this a few days ago.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If only gay sex caused global warming

Why we're more scared of gay marriage and terrorism than a much deadlier threat.

That's why we worry more about anthrax (with an annual death toll of roughly zero) than influenza (with an annual death toll of a quarter-million to a half-million people). Influenza is a natural accident, anthrax is an intentional action, and the smallest action captures our attention in a way that the largest accident doesn't. If two airplanes had been hit by lightning and crashed into a New York skyscraper, few of us would be able to name the date on which it happened.

Silly ain't it. Fears misplaced, thanks to for example the media. Influenza isn't sensational. 'Threats' like anthrax seem so, as it's human doing. Yet it's insignificant.

It really is just a matter of what is shown by the media. People don't want to hear about natural diseases because when you compare them to an intentional act of assassination (failed or not) they would rather hear the facts on the attempted murder. Who? Why? Where? When? What? How? They don't care about a million people who have a natural disease. But if you write it in the newspaper, broadcast on the news, or put it on the internet people are suddenly more interested because it is there and it is news. They'll still probably read about the human caused stuff though because they can then blame humanity for the evil and death in the world. Natural disaster is not human caused and cannot be blamed on humanity and therefore is not interesting. What do you think?

I'm not a doctor and not an expert on cancer.But I have heard some interesting opinions from other people who say they are informed on the subject. I will paraphrase:Cancer lives in an acidic environment and if you were to make your body more alkeline it makes it harder for many types of cancer to survive. This is generally achieved through nutrition ... by eating raw foods ... and by not eating all the processed junk that comes in boxes etc.I know it's a simplified explanation of what they said. But I have known people who have done this and it worked.

Well one of my science teachers once taught us about why cancer cells are so dangerous.The reason is that they duplicate when the body doesn't want them to. The body can "tell" most cells not to duplicate, but the receptor for that message is protected on cancer cells. So the body can't send the "message" for the cells to stop reproducing.I have heard of new medicines being tested that break the layer of protection on the receptor. This way, the body can control growth of cancer cells and repair damage without harmful treatment such as radiation and chemotherapy. Hopefully, this technology will work. My dad went through cancer of the trachea and it was horrible.

tumor microenvironments are now fully understood. acidic microenvironments may have been described for tumors but this is a gross overinterpretation of what really is happening. I assure you that attempting to make yourself more alkaline will just get you in more trouble than necessary. if there is anything that may be more useful than what you say... it would be to prevent inflammation. inflammations in all its forms are a dangerous reaction to injury that often causes secondary and tertiary effects.

Just as we feel so confident that the spam e-mail we receive (with promises of instant cash winnings or free cruises to the Bahamas) are false or scams, we should be aware that there are similarly many claims to cancer "cures" that are exaggerations, misleading, and dangerous. A silver bullet against all forms of cancer does not exist. Current scientific research does not yet support the existence of any such substance. While the development cycle of a drug may take a decade before commercial production, the medical community should already be aware of potential drugs in the early phases of development. Who else will provide the human subjects to test these drugs on? And if this supposed miracle drug is already on the market, it is at the very least untested and unverified for safety and efficacy.It saddens me that the shysters who sell these fake products would prey on cancer patients, those who are at their most vulnerable moments and perhaps willing to try anything.

I completely agree with you webintern. It's sad what people will do for a little cash. They prey of the weak like animals. Lions when attacking a herd of animals go for the sick and the weak because they're easier. People are the same way sometimes. They go for the most desperate because it is the easiest way. It amazes me how animal-like people can be. On the otherhand I wish there was a perfect cure for cancer.

Hi all,
Did you ever hear of smartcells. My wife is pregnant and she is due in June. I heard about smartcells in one of the pregnancy classes that we are following. Incidently, I also saw an advert on the Sunday newspaper, so I went to their website:

https://www.smartcellsbaby.com/

Do you think its a cure for cancer. Do you believe that this really works? Do you know of any experiences of friends?

Cheers

I have found a similar website may be this might help .... http://cellslimited.com/

I have found a similar website may be this might help .... http://cellslimited.com/

i agree with stingray, how can u empty an HIV cell and even if there was a way to empty it wouldnt that kill the cell completly because there wont be any living matter inside? i believe the cure for cancer lies with stem cells, stem cells are the purest form of basic duplicative cells available.... i dont think its goin to be that easy as well, due to the vastness with respect to the types of cancers out there... each cancer has to be treated differently.... but the idea is intreguing.... one disease helping to find the cure for another. i believe the HIV bit tho is a little hogwash.

firstly Gab congrats smile.gif hope everything turns out well smile.gif
smartcells is a term coined to stemcells.....
personally i would advise against extracting and storing the stem cells of ure unborn child.
i think the extraction of stem cells for research is only approciate in the case of an unwanted child...
stem cells have a capability of accquiring the chemical properties of the cells surronding it...
extracting these growth cells might or might not hamper the growth of ure child.
this process is not full proof and the side effects are unknown.
i suggest consulting a specilist before u take any further decisions...
regards...