xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
thefunfans

How Much Space Do I Need For A Message Board? For a message board and site?

I have a phpbb message board on my site, I am using 50 megs now. So, the 150 megs from the upgrade account is enough when you startup, then it will depend on how many users you have and how long you keep old posts.

you need 10 hosting credits to be able to get a standard hosting account. Then you have to get 30 hosting credits to be able to upgrade to the second package.Tip. I wouldn't get 40 credits, because after you have created a 10 credit hosting account, your credits will be reduced to a little.

phpBB works fine with 10mb, all you need is a database that has a fair bit of space, because if you keep all your posts archived and no prune them they will all be stored in your MySQL database, and if you decided to switch webhosts its going to be hell because it takes a while to backup and it takes even longer to run the queries with phpadminthe only time when you really need more webspace is when you want to start installing skins and mods and stuff like that, thats when you need to start getting more space, but im possative your not going to need more the 50mb if all your running is a forum and not a website