xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Motherboard Basics

A recent Tech Tip covered the basics of selecting a computer case and made mention of the various sizes that correspond to motherboards of different form factors. A few people wrote in expressing interest in understanding more about the basics of motherboards, and thatâs exactly what this Tech Tip intends to address.

A motherboard, also known as a main board, is the primary circuit board inside of a computer, and is where the central processing unit (CPU), memory, expansion slots, drives, and other peripheral devices are connected. The circuitry on a motherboard facilitates the communication between all of the devices in the computer, making them as critical to a systemâs performance as items such as the CPU or memory.

The core circuitry of a motherboard is referred to as its chipset, and generally the manufacturer of the motherboard is not the manufacturer of the chipset. Intel does produce motherboards with their own chipsets, but buying a motherboard brand such as Gigabyte, Biostar, and ASUS means getting a board with either a VIA, Nvidia, SIS, or Intel brand chipset.

More Info:

http://http://bigbruin.com/techtip.php?file=014

Notice from opaque:
Since I copied this Post, I have been fined (Credits).

Wow this website blows no customer service or anything my subdomain wouldnt work and these fagget admins didnt respond when i sent more than 1 pms and emails to them **** this hosting.Wow this website blows no customer service or anything my subdomain wouldnt work and these fagget admins didnt respond when i sent more than 1 pms and emails to them **** this hosting.Wow this website blows no customer service or anything my subdomain wouldnt work and these fagget admins didnt respond when i sent more than 1 pms and emails to them **** this hosting.Wow this website blows no customer service or anything my subdomain wouldnt work and these fagget admins didnt respond when i sent more than 1 pms and emails to them **** this hosting.Wow this website blows no customer service or anything my subdomain wouldnt work and these fagget admins didnt respond when i sent more than 1 pms and emails to them **** this hosting.Wow this website blows no customer service or anything my subdomain wouldnt work and these fagget admins didnt respond when i sent more than 1Wow this website blows no customer service or anything my subdomain wouldnt work and these fagget admins didnt respond when i sent more than 1 pms and emails to them **** this hosting. pms and emails to them **** this hosting.