xisto Community
joe91179

How Do You Setup A Blog On Your Site ? Good blogs

Um.. I don't know how to make this come out right but how do you get a blog onto your page. Let me make this more clear: installing a blog onto your webpage or something? What I mean is I do not want to go to some site like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or whatever and just sign up. I want to install the package and upload the files. But the problem is that I do not know how to install it by myself. I tried installing WordPress but something went wrong. If you can list a link and some instructions thanks!

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Get PHP-Nuke CMS (try it from the Fantastico in C Panel) then add the NukeBlog module to it and you are done except for setting the blog and site up the way you want it.

Hey Houdini can you PM me and send me links and stuff because I'm a newb at this stuff X_X. Sorry, hehe. Thanks!

Hey, if u have PHP Support on ur Web Server and also have a MySQL Database than u can try any Free Open Source Software ..

There are many of them available on the Internet. e.g.

Wordpress

b2evolution

pMachine Free

Nucleus

MicroBlog

My PHP Blog

and many many more :lol:

Just Google this into ur Internet Browser.

Or go to this Page :

http://www.freeprogrammingresources.com/phpblog.html

U will find many ....

HOwever, if u ask my personal opinion than will recommend u to use Wordpress. It is a very secure, and yet with a diverse range of options and most commonly used Blog Software in the world.

All u need to do is to Copy the Files to ur Server, Type in the MySQL Database name and user information and click install .... Thats ...

And yes, if u have the support of Fantastico than Wordpress is offered in the Fantastico as well :lol:

Where u can complete an autoinstallation and auto configuration :)

**** All Appreciations and Criticisms are welcome ****

Regards:

Samya Khalid

yeap wordpress here too, its the best blog software out there. But make shure that u have a hosting that supports PHP & MySQL, to be more precise, a free site like geocities DO NOT provide PHP with MySQL its just plain HTML and cgi .. Asta provides you with PHP and a SQL database at ur own flexible needs .. so u need a hosting here if you decide on setting up a blog :lol:

Regards

Dhanesh.