xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheJeffsta

A Question About Phpbb Compatibility At Astahost

I created a PHPBB2 forum on that site, works really fine. Simply use the cpanel and activate this facility, everything is straightforward. It will probably need access to the database, so don't forget to create the database, and give yourself access to the database.
As long as you don't have anything important in your database and in your forums, you can drop everything (destroy the database, destroy the forum) and restart from scratch if you don't like the result.

Just a small remark, when you startup, start working correctly :As soon as everything works fine, don't forget to backup the database and download all critical files to your PC and burn them on a CD-ROM. So, in case of big system crash everywhere, you will simply have to re-upload your files again and re-load them in the database. Of course, Xisto is a very powerful site and will never crash, but on other smaller providers I lost two posts in my forum due to a system crash. You know, such is life : when you have full backups of everything your system never crashes. As soon you forget performing a backup, your system will crash and you will say "why did I not do a backup ?")

Now I close my remark, simply remember phpbb2 forums work fine, it's simply to install, hower perform a backup of your config files and your database so you will never loose data.
Hope this helped
Yordan :D