xisto Community
sparx

How Can I Edit A Post? Unable to find any button / link

Hi !

How can I edit a post once I've dispatched it?

In most forums that I know of, there's a link or a button that allows me to do so, but try as I might I just can't seem to find it here...

I've tried switching between the 2 skins available - LITE & AMBIENCE but to no avail. The same thing happens in both IE 6 SP2 and Firefox 1.0.6

Could someone post a screenshot showing me exactly where this little button is hiding please ?

Posted Image

simply said, you can't, the edit button was once enabled a long long time ago, but they removed it for some reason I can't seem to remember. I think it had something to do with spamming.

Well, it was disabled on Xisto because members found I way to abuse it. It's probably for the same reason here as it is over here. My post seems to explain it well enough.

You should have a similar pinned topic over here, people are never gonna stop asking :D

Edit: Strange I can find it well enough and I can remove the edit by line if I want (but for demonstartion purposes I'm keeping it in). I can also delete a post if I want to. :D Maybe I special :D

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

Edit: Strange I can find it well enough and I can remove the edit by line if I want (but for demonstartion purposes I'm keeping it in). I can also delete a post if I want to. :D Maybe I special :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can edit - since you're not hosted. The edit button is still available to you till you apply for hosting and is granted an account. It is only after this that people are found to abuse the feature - so editing rights are taken away at this point.

Regards,

m^e

Yes, I think it would be much more handy, efficient, (there are tons of good words) if users could edit there own posts, after all we are human beings, we are not perfect, we cannot make all our posts perfect unless we go over it five times, spotting out all the errors. But, the admins and mods of these forums have there reason why we cannot, so to simply put it, you cannot ever edit your post, ever. :D

You can edit - since you're not hosted. The edit button is still available to you till you apply for hosting and is granted an account. It is only after this that people are found to abuse the feature - so editing rights are taken away at this point.

Regards,

m^e

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, I am very sorry for double posting, but I never read your post before I posted my post just above this one, I have been hosted for two weeks now, never abused no privilage once, have never even edited a post since I have been signed up, why can't I edit? :D

So, let's take it like a game rule. We can post, we cannot edit.So, today I am smart and I know something, and I post about it.Then I feel sleepy (it's rather late here now) and I go to bed. Tomorrow I will read my post and I will see that I said something stupid.what should I do then ? I could first ignore my error, nobody will see I did a mistake. I could imagine editing and deleting the stupid things I said, and now nobody will know that I said something stupid.And there is a third possibility : I post again saying "sorry folks, I said something stupid, forget about my previous post". Unfortunately, this third way of reacting is the most difficult, I don't know if I will do it. So, if you see something quite stupid in one of my posts, simply forget about it, it's due to the fact that I had no "edit button".

Well, yordan people abused it ( try reading my post and then you'll see why ) and if you did actually bother to read it, you'd find out that I'd mentioned one way of preventing this from happening and one way to get your posts edited.

Stusrud, the admins cannot enable the edit thing for individuals and once again if you did actually read the given post, you'd find out that your post can be edited without using the edit button.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/26049-topic/