xisto Community
WeaponX

Creating Images For Cafepress

Hi, I want to create some images (or just simple graphics/text) but I'm not sure how to start this. Some of these want a image that's 2,000x2,000 pixels. What programs do you use to do this? I don't need very complicated programs like Adobe Photoshop. Probably best to avoid those since I'm not a graphic savvy user.Also, if anyone has used CafePress before, do we just open up the template file they gave us and wipe it out (leaving the major outlines intact of course :D )? I assume they are just giving us the template so we can see the main outlines there and the overall image size.Thanks.

your best bet would be adobe illustrator, since it's a program based on vector and not pixels, which means you can create illustrations the biggest you want them without losing quality because they're not composed of pixels.i know it sounds a little complicated, but if you ever want to do this at all, i'd suggest using adobe photoshop for a simpler way.

Oh, my, you really have noo idea.. huh? Ok, lets start.First of all visit my cafepress account: http://www.cafepress.com/finaldesign

Ok, now, how do you make graphics like mine? Hard. But, it's not soo hard to do, if you do it in - Adobe Photoshop. Well, anyway if you don't wont to use pirated versions of Photoshop, and you don't have money to buy it - you can simple get yourself some similar program, I would recommend GIMP, it's a free full version program very similar to photoshop, just google for "gimp". Now when you get it and install it, google for "gimp tutorials" and download some tutorials that you like... start learning, and in day or two, you'll be ready to make your graphics... Anyway when you start GIMP, and start to make new graphic for cafepress, press file>new and in the box that shows up would be something like:width: xxx px height: xxx px (where xxx stands for numbers)- now you there enter your size of 2000x2000 pixels, and in programs like GIMP and photoshop there is something called LAYERS. I think you understand the meaning of them but if you dont: "layer" is one image, "layers" is two or more images blended with different blending modes together in one image... Like that fancy signatures people have... Now I would recommend you to open that template from cafepress and make a new LAYER and work there, later just delete that layer from cafepress, if you leave it visible, it will be printed like that... so that's it... good luck with designing... and making graphics :D