xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AbyssalStalker

Any News On Starcraft 2, Or Diablo 3?

Man, StarCraft. It's one of the best games I ever played in my entire life. With all the 2D graphics, I don't care about it. I mean, the graphics of course. It's not much of a problem. I wish they could update the textures/models though. And Blizzard did a great job on fixing up bugs and balancing all the units and sides. *Thumbs up*I don't think they'll come up with StarCraft 2 though. There were many rumors about it 4-5 years ago but it was false, of course.

Blizzard has already said that there will probably never be a SC2 or D3. I think the main reason for this is that the main creators of these games left and made NCSoft and Arena.net.I used to be an avid Blizzard/Battle.net supporter till the last 2 years when they kept saying "we will deal with hackers harshly" and never really did and they just couldn't seem to keep their gaming network up with any real regularity there for quite a while, and the fact that they "support" SC/BW and D2/D2:LoD yet it takes over 3 months for me to get any type of response from them on the fact that 2 accounts I had got hacked, and their response basicly was "sorry!"I'll never go back and play another Bliz game its NCSoft/Arena.net for me now.

Hmm... I don't really need much account help / support with Blizzard. Yeah, they seem like busy guys but 3 months? Hmmm... better than WoW. It takes a full month to get a response from those WoW admins / support staff. I have to say - these guys are really understaffed.I'm sure they could use such a great guy like me on their admin team :D :D Hahahaha... By the way, don't fall for any scam schemes. It's very easy and don't trade with people you don't trust. It's unsafe because there are a lot of hacking and hijacking programs.Also, Blizzard is not lazy. They have been working very hard to shield Diablo 2 from hacking programs and modifications. For example, I'm sure you know of how MapHack became popular. But Blizzard said or though it's not fair gameply - just revealing the map like that? Even more, they made Diablo 2 with lots of patches so that hacking prorams and hijacks won't work in Diablo 2. This helped a lot of people because when you're trading you automatically press accept or when someone hacks your Diablo 2, you get to drop all your items instantly.Insanely stupid, I have to say!

I just miss the good old days when you brought the expansion home or diablo 2 and was excited for a whole new gameplay. I want them to make a new one so badly. I hope the figure a way out in the future. Doom said they had a final game and then they realeased a new one for the computer along with an upgrade! Come back to us Blizzard - We NEED YOU!

Taken from the StarCraft Ghost website:

Q: Is this StarCraft II?A: No.

Q: Will there be a StarCraft II? When?
A: Although we have not made any announcements and do not have a development or release timeline, we do fully intend to revisit the world of StarCraft on PC at some point in the future.

There you go.
Eventually there will be a SCII, you just have to be patient.

ok to whomever said they arent cracking down on hackers you missed out. about a year ago...200,000 hackers were traced and were ip banned. another thing im not sure u have had a chance at is they implemented for diablo 2 an online stored character base and seperated it for every1. so the hackers can only use one area which is the open B.Net where they can upload their chars. in the Closed B.net the characters are saved into a Battle.Net storage and opened thru it also. The two forms can only interact via chat and can never play together that way hacked items cant be transfered over. As far as Starcraft goes on hacking...i dunno what they did but the hacking has reduced severly in the past 2 years.As far as SC2 goes...i dont think blizzard will make on for a while...They tried to make both WoW and Starcraft Ghost at the same time and get those out on the release dates..but i think they got overloaded and both of those were delayed. Starcraft Ghost hasnt even been released yet...If they do however come out with SC2 it should be a great game...with the programs they have on hand and the employees they have...theres no way it cant be. Remember that every game they have put out has become addicting for millions of people world wide.

Ok as far as making D2 or D2:LoD hack proof...lol. The reason I'm laughing is that I decided to give it yet another try, even though I'm real into GW right now and guess what...even with the new patch they have already came out with a Town Portal hack that lets you instantly TP back to town Declare Hostility and keep your TP open and then PK everyone... OK so they banned 200,000 IPs and Deleted their accounts big deal they should have done it along time ago.As for SC2 I don't see it ever happening. The reason for this is that all though they want to revisit it on the PC they have gott'n so into the RPG style of gameplay with WoW they might make a RPG of SC but didn't they just do that with Ghost?As far as D3, nope it won't happen either unless it goes full MMORPG like WarCraft did. If they do that then maybe I'll play it but I doubt it. Blizzard is just too little to late on the anti hack front. Even with all the Pay to Play's that NCSoft has they still give Uber Support to their Free to play. If they keep this up I can actually see GW taking WoW and the rest and showing them how it should be done.SC and D2 are dead, I would honestly see them come back but I have a feeling that they are gonna go the way of other great games and we will visit them once in awhile when we are feeling nostalgic.

you do realize that when blizzard says they will make any game, it takes bloody ages for them to actually complete it. i mean wasnt diablo 2 supposed to come out like a few years after broodwars? they are seriously understaffed yes, and the servers also run like crap due to the sheer number of people who go onto b.net. oh well... i might as well get out my D1 cd and play that....

I really never played starcraft avidly until about a year ago. I really got into it, and I admit. That's one of the best games I've ever played. I played it for awhile and found it to be extremely addicting. Diablo on the other hand was always one of my favs. Blizzard has been known to produce was awesome games. What really sets them apart is their multiplayer aspects. That's what most of the games are made for. Warcraft 3 was alright, but I really didn't get into it like starcraft. Starcraft was more macro based where warcraft was micro intensive. It was fun, and I guess if I played with a few friends from time to time I would've liked it more. I guess I didn't stick with it long enough, on finding out what kills what better etc.I read the same thing on their web site about visiting the world of sc2. There's all kinds of topics on the battlenet forums. Insane, how many people were actually into it. I love watching those VODS of professional gamers going at it. Hopefully starcraft ghost will be pretty good. It's console based isn't it? Blizzards first attempt on the console I believe. Diablo did go to playstation (and warcraft 2 also), but that's a little different.

Yeah it would be great if they came out with Diablo 3. Diablo 2 was so much fun to play because it was pretty fast paced and it was very easy to learn. It had a really good battle and skills system and not to mention the drops were cool. I'd love to see someone do a remake of the game for a console like maybe the Playstation 3 or the Xbox 360 with the same party system that was used. Nothing is better than just jumping into a game, looking to see where everyone is and jump into a warp to a full blown battle. Man that's fun!