xisto Community
specter

Favorite Graphics Program? What program do you guys use for graphic

Photoshop cs1. The first version of photoshop i have used and i have found it to be excellent.It has a great set of tools plus it includes image ready for all your web graphics needs.I have found it to be very fast and it does exactly what i want it to do, very very stable too, hasn't crashed once, even on a crap pc like mine :)Well worth the price. If you need a powerful graphics editor, photoshop is for you

For me Photoshop CS2 is the best graphic software when I am dealing with raster images. I've been using Adobe Photoshop eversince my graphic arts career started. But when the first time I'ved use Photoshop CS2 everything has really changed. Been working a lot more faster and everything became more easy. When I am doing some vector graphics, usually I use Adobe Illustrator. Even when I am trying to make some vector images for my flash presentations or websites I create my vectors using this graphic tool.

I mainly use Photoshop CS, although I own quite alot.Ulead PhotoImpact 7.0Adobe Photoshop CSAdobe Photoshop 7.0Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0Painter 7.0Adobe IllustratorAdobe Photoshop Elements 2.0GIMPMaxon C4DAnd a few others that I don't use.I have found Photoshop CS to be the best, it has the extra few features that PS 7 doesn't.My favourites:PhotoShop CSPhotoImpact 7.0 (If you are into pre-made effects, lightning, bubbles etc)And yeah, thats about me and my programs.

I use photoshop cs2. I only downloaded it 2 months ago and in that time my GFX have improved dramatically if you would like to see some of them just pm and i will give you some links to them. For my photoshop I downloaded the free 30 trial version from adobe.com and then...

Notice from szupie:
Please do not post about illegal contents.
I hope this has helped someone out....Laters, zacaroo Edited by szupie (see edit history)

photoshop is pretty much all I need since I mostly do photography stuff, but I find it pretty effective for most graphics creation (well.. for rasterized images, anyway). i've had to do some vector work before in school and used both adobe illustrator and macromedia flash

I like to use Photoshop!.It's great for my thinking.I'm not sure that i used to it or nver use another program but i ever use some graphics program such as firework,paintshop pro,corel draw,opencanvas(that's it great for CG)its ok for normal user.

I must say that Photoshop 7 is the way to go for me for the simple fact that it’s what I have always used, I don’t know old habits or something...What do you guys use for 3D graphics? Personally I like Carrara and 3Ds MAX although 3DsM is a bit to complex for me I don’t really like learning new programs, especially if I like one and know one better. Carrara is very user friendly only thing is it chews up system recourses

You can always rely on Macromedia Fireworks. Even though it is now run by Adobe, they are stiall calling it Macromedia Ifreworks (for now anyway). It is a great program, heaps of tutorials for those who are still a bit underprivlaged in the graphics business.A solid program, doesn't use much memory and has heaps of great features. It is such a shame that it costs so much, i just go to uni and use their copy (i didn't have to pay for that, unless thats where the fees went to :/ )

Adobe Photoshop CS2 is by far the most amazing program I think I've ever used.It's so powerful, I have yet to unlock many of its features. There are so many things that I'm not familiar with, and I'm working on it every day. It's so comprehensive and thorough.It's really beyond anything I thought graphics editors were capable of. I would get frustrated with other programs, wishing it would let me do this or that, but with Photoshop the sky is no limit.Truly incredible. I think I'm in love.

For an extremely long time i used Paint Shop Pro 7- even when everyone else was using psp9 i was there hardworking away at my psp7. After a few years i could do anything at lightning speed- i was extremely happy. However, my best friend kept trying to sell me on photoshop. I would go to her house, and she would try to show me how to use it, the different short-cuts, but it was all too different from psp, and too intimidating. needless to say, i gave up. However, just a few months ago, my family bought adobe CS- the whole package. it was mainly for my mom, as her company does custom wall finishes and she uses photoshop and illustrator to edit the pictures of their work. However, i decided to install the whole package as well- i needed indesign for newspaper, and i figured i could try out photoshop again. For about a month, i paid photoshop no attention and continued to use psp for my graphic needs. Then, one day i had off school, i decided to sit down and try photoshop- i found some great brushes but they were only for ps (i had yet to discover the wonder of imagepacks). after that day of testing, and a few more weeks of practicing, i was in love. Not only could it do virtually everything psp could do, but it also introduced a completely new concept to me at the time- saving the layers! Although now i realize i could have done this in psp as well, i found it first in ps, and you know what they say about first loves. Being able to save my layers was a fantastic thing for me. Usually, in psp, i would wait to save until i was completely done, because i assumed you HAD to flatten the image to save. this resulted in many lost images due to thunderstorms and computer freezings (and thus many marks in the wall next to the desk). once i could save with layers, my frustration was practically gone! not to mention i also discovered blending modes in ps- though, again, these also exsist in psp, i assumed at first it was only in ps so i stuck with it- and now it's too late to go back. Plus, who can turn down things like stroke and layer masks? let me just say, there is NO subsitute for photoshop. :(

well i am using photoshop cs and its awesome to use with its cool things..i personally havent used GIMP

The original version didn't let you edit (but it was free), but the new version of ACDSee is pretty awesome. I have photoshop and normally use it to edit my pictures, but it is slow to load and slow to learn. ACDSee loads very quickly and it let's you crop pictures to specified ratios (e.g. 4x6, 10x14) which is something I could never figure out how to do in photoshop. And they have a red-eye removing tool that shocked me by how quickly and easily it worked. But, I think you have to pay for the program now, or use the trial version. Give it a try.

I mainly use the GIMP. It's has a ton of awesome features, and the price just cannot be beat :P. I really like the interface, which is part of the reason I enjoy using it. However, when I'm at school I have to make due with Fireworks (not a bad program, but you can't do nearly as much as you can in GIMP).

Where I used to work, they had Adobe Photoshop, so I was able to use it then. For personal purposes, I previously used Corel Draw. It had a fairly complete feature set and was a robust program. It unfortunately did a sub-par job at resizing images, whereby the image would appear fuzzy.For the past two years or so, I have exclusively used GIMP. It provides similar features as Photoshop, does an excellent job overall, and is free! The price factor is probably the strongest consideration for me, since I cannot afford the high-end photo manipulation software packages that cost in the hundreds of dollars.