xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GM-University

Please Help Me Figure Out How To Edit An Exsisting php file in a site? And how to add a...

I am trying to install a mod on my forums, but I have to edit some of the exsisting files first, how would I go about doing this? I also need to add some files to exsisting directories, I am not sure how to do any of this either, can someone explain this to me, say where to go in the CPanel too, I am trying this for the first time...

hmm... well, I'm going to assume that you're installing a phpBB or similar kind of forum modification. Whenever you install mods, it should usually come with an instruction or readme file. simply follow those instructions and you should be ready to go. If you're not sure about what files you should edit, you should email the creator of the script. Also, you will usually edit a file in the public_html directory of your cpanel screen. go to the file manager, and click public_html , then click the name of the folder that holds your forum. if you give me more specs on what kind of forum and what kind of mod that you are using I can help you more.-whyme

hmm... well, I'm going to assume that you're installing a phpBB or similar kind of forum modification. Whenever you install mods, it should usually come with an instruction or readme file. simply follow those instructions and you should be ready to go. If you're not sure about what files you should edit, you should email the creator of the script. Also, you will usually edit a file in the public_html directory of your cpanel screen. go to the file manager, and click public_html , then click the name of the folder that holds your forum.

if you give me more specs on what kind of forum and what kind of mod that you are using I can help you more.

-whyme

60793[/snapback]

Thanks, I was looking for where I could find the forum files...