xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
specter

F2g.net: Web Hosting stear clear of these guys

Hi, this is my first post on this fine forum and I'm sure it won't be the last! Anyway....I run a fan site. I had been using hostultra as my host and everything was going nicely. The site started to get big so I checked around for a better free host, if that was possible. I found a site called f2g.net hosting. They offered 15Mb space, no forced ads, you.f2g.net subdomain, Server Side Includes (SSI), catch-all e-mail, unlimited mail aliasses, FTP and browser upload and statistics and all for free. I joined emediately. After less than a month of hosting it all blew up in my face: It wouldn't let me log into my account and claimed there was no such username as the one I had been using. When I tried to view my site it said the bandwidth limit was exceeded (impossible for the traffic I was getting) and after a few weeks it simply gave me a "site not found" message. I tried contacting thier free acount help e-mail but either it never got through or I simply got no response. So basically all my hard work was gone for no apparent reason. So basically they have a lot of nice little features and no adds for 0$ if your account suddenly vaporizes at a random time, tough luck. This is more of a warning then an actual review but I felt I should warn anyone thinking about f2g.

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

As they say in Mexico and Xisto, "You got cheated."I wonder, did they send you spam? Because some companies do that and if you cut them off, they pull the plug on you.But anyway, I'm glad you joined! You would go off very well in Xisto. They have a generous 150 megs of bandwidth with tons of features and they don't cheat you like the rest. *cough* ezboard.com *cough, cough*

But anyway, I'm glad you joined! You would go off very well in Xisto. They have a generous 150 megs of bandwidth with tons of features and they don't cheat you like the rest. *cough* ezboard.com *cough, cough*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mind if I correct you a bit Nybb. The 150 megs you are talking about is the amount of disk-storage space you get for stashing your site files.

The monthly bandwidth you get is 2GB - which is more than sufficient for any small-medium sized sites unless your site consists of a huge chunk of Videos and MP3s. Then starts the problem - your bandwidth just gets gobbled up in no time, after maybe 30-40 people have downloaded all your videos and mp3s.

The monthly bandwidth you get is 2GB

You mean 5GB don't you? Or am I missing something? :confused:

I have been hosted with F2G for sometime now, besides the fact that they do not provide PHP or MySql, everything seems to be fine and running very smoothly! Never had anything go wrong except their free websites were down for about two weeks a month ago!

I had a problem with f2g too, the thing is that when i entered to see my webpage, it said "Not Found", when i log into my account, it said that the free web hosting server where under a DoS attack, and that never got fixed.