xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nybb

My Thoughts On Astahost various comments as an Astahost User

I have been on Xisto for quite a while and decided to make an honest review on my thoughts about this host.

Xisto is a really nice web host. I found that the product itself is comparable to paid hosting such as http://www.rydia.net/. But the neatest aspect of Xisto, in my opinion, is the kindness and flexibility of the staff members. Honestly, if you go to support in ANY other free web hoster, they just say "too f&$$ing bad, CASE CLOSED!" But the staff members here work hard for you. And as though the bandwidth isn't enough in Xisto (which it is, by the way), you can go badger people like OpaQue for more bandwidth and they'll give thoughtlessly, lifelessly and without consent of their own feelings. Yip!

And the product is fantasic, by the way. The Control Panel is nothing like you've ever seen before, filled with pre-installed scripts like blogging and stuff. Simply amazing!

But about getting hosting, here's where I nitpick. Somewhere in the forums, I heard the ear-aching words of:

Patience, young grasshopper.

I mean, come on! You have to pay for these services by proving you can wait for it.

That's pretty much all I have to say about Xisto. I'd like to hear what you think.

Thank you! There are a total of 5 people who can approve hosting (maybe only four) and they all lead other lives. Gaining hosting is not simply post and get. The admins review all of your posts before approving, and then they have to set up the system to give you hosting, with numerous applications per week, it is a tireless job, and not everyone can be processed in the first 24 hours. Only on rare occasions can it take over a week. There are many free programs out there with instant hosting, such as tripod.com, but they all pale in comparison to the services Xisto offers.~Viz

Wow, that's a tiring job. And all that for people to post? The staff must really care about the community a lot.

I have a question - are the servers in India? I know that's where OpaQue lives but I'm concerned about the security of servers in third world countries.

There are many free programs out there with instant hosting, such as tripod.com, but they all pale in comparison to the services Xisto offers.

Yeah, they free instant programs are all terrible and unreliable. I have tried payed hosting before, they're really good and all - don't get me wrong, but Xisto is better in my opinion. It's just that the File Manager design looks amateur-ish. I blame Xisto.
It's just sad that people these services for granted. Like the homie, rodneylay. He threatened to switch to payed hosting to try in an attempt to take advantage of the hard working staff members. Well go ahead and try payed hosting. Xisto is a service (or favor if you may) and it doesn't matter at all to us if you use it. In my opinion, the people who run Xisto all deserve medals.

Now excuse me while I go knock on Xisto Corporation's door and demand more bandwidth... :D

Actually, what I described is for hosting, not to post. Yes the file manager is amateurish, but I think OpaQue was thinking most people would use ftp. Don't ask for too much more bandwidth: a) if you don't need it, they won't give it to you and :D if you do need it then either 1) you have too many large files and you will be told that we a re not a file storage place or 2) you will be told to go to Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto's excellent paid) as placing a couple adds on your site will generate the revenue you need for paid hosting.~Viz

There are many free programs out there with instant hosting, such as tripod.com, but they all pale in comparison to the services Xisto offers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even the big commercial free webhost like Tripod, Netfirms, Geocities, and so on can't to Xisto. The above host don't offer cPanel at all and a lot of features like php isn't supported at all.