xisto Community
chickenside

Project Offset Online Fantasy FPS

I think all FPS fans should check out this game called Project Offset. They are using their own engine that I think will rival the Unreal 3 engine. It's not out, yet, but there are two "sneak-peeks" for download with some interesting gameplay situations.

It's only a three person team but I'd say it's coming along very well. They used to work for S2Games developing Savage. Well, enough of my rambling: https://software.intel.com/en-us/gamedev

Hmm... a first-person shooter set in a medieval fantasy world. How does one create an FPS without guns? So there's an archer, and I would assume the wizard shoots some sort of energy, but can you really call it FPS if all of the other characters are battling with swords? The downloads for their sneak peeks are huge, or else perhaps I'd already have my answer.

Simple. Instead of gun, you've got sword, bow and other fantastical and medieval implements at your disposal.

What do you mean by "The downloads for their sneak peeks are huge"?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But shooter implies shooting. You can't shoot a sword, unless you're carrying some sort of launching device created to do just that. Besides, anyone who played Goldeneye with the "Slappers Only" rules can tell you how boring it gets. Perhaps they have found a way to make melee fighting more interesting with a first-person perspective?

When I looked at their download page, I only saw high definition videos available for download, and one of them was 89 megabytes. That's huge, by my internet downloads standard, though it may be small by yours.

There are lots of FPS' nowadays that use melee as their primary weapon set, most in midevil settings. Personally offset looks intense to me so I'm excited about it :DOh and FPS does equal shooter, the archer shoots, thus its technically a shooter whether its MOSTLy shooting or not :D