xisto Community
Logan Deathbringer

Its Done! finished my website, or did I?

LoL well I finished the site I set out to build. Now to put my code away and let my overworked mind take a break for a day or 2.Well at least untill I decide to put pen to paper, fingers to keys, and the asprin within reach and start the interactive php page I want to link to a live database...if that makes any sense to anyone but me...lolI think I will walk around the forums here for awhile and see if I can help others out like I got helped. I would like to thank the whole Xisto comunity for all the help I've gotten with this project, I couldn't have completed everything I've done todate as quickly, or possibly at all, without your excellent help and patients. My hats off to you and I hope to be able to help others out as much as you have helped me.

Nice site, really impressive.I am really impressed.by the way, I am looking for a counter like yours. Where did you find yours ? Is it a script you could share with us (meanly with me, of course) ?

The counter I used was created using the "Preinstalled Scripts /CGI Center" of the Cpanel. Its a pretty straight forward setup. If you have any problems with it start a new topic and then PM me with the url for it and I'll walk ya through it.

Thanks for the kind words of appreciation.. I am glad, that you are a part of this community and have helped each other in whatever little way we could :D I hope we serve many more on our mission.Thanks for being with Asta :D

Glad that you finished your site will check it out at some point in time. But I just got started on mine. All I see is a mountain in front of me. How will I ever get to the top. I was very impressed with the project manager/ web master area. Well quess the first thing I need to do is start uploading items I already have then start to unpack the site and getting it organised for myself. Again con grats there.

So, Logan Deathbringer, let me tell you something I have told the people who decided to jump on the bandwagon and make a website:NO WEBSITE IS EVER FINISHED!!! Never. Ever. Period.Your site is always under construction. The sites that isn't aren't really websites. Rather, they're just bandwidth-waste.In addition, don't put those annoying "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" signs most sites put up. If you aren't finished with the page, say it's "Coming Soon."You should never stop pursuing the creation of your site. Otherwise, it'll just be known as just another amateur site...

NO WEBSITE IS EVER FINISHED!!!

Yo are partly right.I would say that, if your site is finished 90% you can call your beta-testers.
If your looks 99.99% like what you wanted, you may say it's finished.
And then you work twenty years acheaving 99.999%, but 99% of the visitors will see no difference.
I found this site nice, I am still impressed, and say "Congratitulations, keep going".

Nybb if you noticed the post that I started this thread with:

Well at least untill I decide to put pen to paper, fingers to keys, and the asprin within reach and start the interactive php page I want to link to a live database...if that makes any sense to anyone but me...lol

I've finished what I wanted to do when I started out...now I'm sitting back, enjoying the fact that I Completed what I set out to do...thus this version of the site is Finished. The next version of the site is in the planning, and when its complete it will be rolled out and then I'll once again say "Its done!"

There is no doubt that this site will never be finished in truth, but this version is done!

Yes, and I don't like this version. If I were you, I'd make everything as one whole section instead of dividing it into three different parts, which were the banner, body and footer. I'd make it into one single page section.The banner text blends too much with the banner too.