xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadow skazi

Nifty Vortex - Photoshop

1) Open a new document 1024x768 or 800x600.2) Make a new layer. Fill with Black (000000)3) Apply two Lens Flares (Filter-Render-Lens Flares). First 50-300mm Zoom, In the top right corner.4) Second 105mm Prime, In the bottom left corner5) Go to Image-Adjustsments-Brightness/Contrast. Brightness=80.6) Go to Filter-Distort-Twirl. Angle=800.7) Go to Filter-Artistic-Plastic Wrap. Settings: 20,12,198) Now go to Filter-Distort-Polar Coordinates. Polar to Rectangular. After that go to Image-Adjustments-Hue/Saturation. Edit the color any way you choose.Add On1) This is only a modification with blending effects, horizontal and vertical turn arounds and the fade wave effect.2) Go to Filter-Distort-Polar Coordinates. Polar to Rectangular. After that go to Edit Fade Polar Coordinates. Settings: 96%;Linear Burn3) After that go to Image-Adjustments-Hue/Saturation. Edit the Color the way you like. Copy this layer and go to Edit-Transform- Flip Horizontal. Set the blending mode to Overlay.4) Now merge this two layer together (ctrl+e) and duplicate this merged layer once more. Go to Edit-Transform- Flip Vertical. Set the blending mode to Overlay (or something else, it?s not important).And now you're done!

Very nice, here were my results:

Posted Image

The first one^^

Posted Image

The one with the addon^

It would have been better if you provided pictures with each step, so I could see if I was doing it correctly. Whether I did it right or not, they still look good :angry:

a very nifty tutorial, could have added ur finished designs so that we knew what we were learning lol but ah well, i designed one and it looks allright *cough* but the colour isnt right, any way i can fix that, whenever i click gold it becomes blue :):P:) HELP ME!!!!