xisto Community
cyph3r

World's First 3d Display Revealed

Ahh finally, " Beam me up Scotty " comes true :D. Not literally but yeah, what we used to see in sci-fi movies is now comming true finally. A company has developed a display that creates 3d images in air with lasers. And it also allows to controll some programs through fingers.

Guess the tear stopper, They are ready to make LIMITED units for sale :D so i guess we would be using these displays in maybe umm 2009 ? what say ?

>> Full News <<

>> Company Website IO2 Technology <<

Cheers

Awesome.. and would you believe that just yesterday I saw some megasized posters of the flat wall-hanging tvs and kept thinking to myself - when the hell will we have holographic tvs where images pop out of the screen... and there you are :D

BTW - this is what the company's website says as of now:

Due to overwhelming volume this page is unavailable, please check back soon.

Site: http://www.io2technology.com/dojo/204/v.jsp?p=/home

and: http://www.io2technology.com/

So either someone brought their site down or it truly their server popped due to excessive load. If this was posted on Slashdot, it would presumably result in such a thing.

Awesome.. and would you believe that just yesterday I saw some megasized posters of the flat wall-hanging tvs and kept thinking to myself - when the hell will we have holographic tvs where images pop out of the screen... and there you are :D

BTW - this is what the company's website says as of now:

So either someone brought their site down or it truly their server popped due to excessive load. If this was posted on Slashdot, it would presumably result in such a thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol your dreams just came true. Besides a similar technology has been invented to the wall hanging tvs .. umm i dunt know if thats similar, but they have been successful in making a display with the characteristics of paper. As in the display is like paper but u can see moving images, it can be flexed but no distorton appears. I doubt they use the old school LDC tech in that, but whatever they used, its really made the new generation displays go bonkers.

Aww and about the site, yes even i didnt get to see it, was trying since last nite but i get the same message. the news source said that it would be overloaded, lets wait n see.

First of all, I think that technology won't be used very often. Maybe for pictures, video confrences, pictures... but pictures are 2D!! I mean what the heck - they will all have to be programmed. Or you have to take video or photos in a 3D-something room and look at another 3D display unit. Then you will need to talk in a microphone and stuff.Hmm... I think this will make life more harder. Think about it - LCD is good enough no? Laser shows and laser 3D models will be just for impressing people. If you ever watch Minority Report, you can see that video recordings of that Tom Cruise's wife will be shown. Other video will be either projected onto a screen...Well, anyway... I'm not saying this technology is stupid but it won't be very effective until they do some massive research and development. Maybe these will be in use by everyone in some twenty years or so?

Amazing :D. That paper display sounds pretty frigging sweet to :DAs for the site, I get this error:Due to overwhelming volume this page is unavailable, please check back soon.LOL, everybody must want a piece of that technology....It won't be for me until like...2014 atleast though...Probably very expensive.

Amazing :D.  That paper display sounds pretty frigging sweet to :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol heres the news,

Fujitsu has developed the worldâs 1st film substrate-based bendable color electronic paper with image memory function. This breakthrough electronic paper features vivid color images that are unaffected even when the screen is bent, and is capable of continuous display of the same image without the need for electricity.

It uses very low power (1/100 to 1/10000 the energy of conventional display technology) to change screen images, thus making it ideal for displaying information in public areas as a type of new electronic media that can be handled as easily as paper.

>> FULL STORY <<

Cheers ..

Just when you thought watches couldn't get any more advanced, Citizen Watch has created a digital clock that is as thin as paper! Heres another example of technology comming closer to dreams. I would love to fold a piece of paper with the exact time and keep it in my pocket :D sounds like the new trend eh !

>> Review with Pics <<

Cheers ..

Man, this sounds cool! :DI’ve always wondered how they were to do that… Making a picture out of pure air and such… Unbelievable…But something I’ve also though about is if it would be good to have those 3D “televisions”. I mean try to imagine seeing a movie on this TV. The idea of making a beautiful movie using the world’s best photographers is lost because you can see the movie from any angle. It would certainly leave someone unemployed! :DAnd also wouldn’t it be extremely irritating to sit in front of this TV and suddenly the actors stands with their back in front of you expecting you to chance position? Then there’s no throwing on the couch anymore! :D You would have to stand up and walk around the TV to find the best angle to see the movie from all the time…But I’m sure they’ll think of something. And how will they make it possible to see a night scene movie in the daytime? :D

Wow Itz Amazing One ... I never thought of this in my wildest dreams ... Its fabulous Stuff ..! Well its Nice that Technology is going places these days.Wondering After 3D What Next :D4D? :D Well I guess they will invent something more powerfull than 3d soon ! well thanks for the lovely info brother,

Ahhh .. lol 4D is counted as Time, So i doubt they would come up with something :D but after all these years an imagination of a 3d display has finally come true, so maybe something related to 4Dwould be existant in my old age :D maybe a time travel sofa, or a record your memories on an MMC, lol weird ideas but someone watching over this site would take my idea :D .. just hope he gives me credits :D

cheers

Man, this sounds cool! :D

I’ve always wondered how they were to do that… Making a picture out of pure air and such… Unbelievable…

But something I’ve also though about is if it would be good to have those 3D “televisions”. I mean try to imagine seeing a movie on this TV. The idea of making a beautiful movie using the world’s best photographers is lost because you can see the movie from any angle. It would certainly leave someone unemployed! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm thinking the technology won't be 3D in the sense that object will appear to be 3D like in video games and whatnot, but rather you'll be seeing 2D pictures that are being projected that can be moved in 3D space, kind of like the 3D desktops that some companies such as Sun Microsystems are working on ( https://www.oracle.com/sun/index.html )

I had a program that made the windows on your computer appear to be 3D, where you could push the windows into the computer like books on a book shelf... The whole Idea is novelty, in my opinion. It gets to be annoying afterwards.

Just when you thought watches couldn't get any more advanced, Citizen Watch has created a digital clock that is as thin as paper! Heres another example of technology comming closer to dreams. I would love to fold a piece of paper with the exact time and keep it in my pocket :D sounds like the new trend eh !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds great... just as long as you didn't forget it and let it go through the clothes drier :D

It sounds almost to good to be truem the fact that they are now on the verge of developing actual 3-D screens is truely an amazing feet, it is just to bad, for one it will be 2009 before we will even see one, two they will only be produced in a small number at first, and three it will take an obscene amount of money to purchase one, so start saving up now.But on the up side this will cause a drramatic decrease in the cost of Plasma Screen TV.s that can be mounted up on your wall, maybe they will drop close to the price of the regular TV, well one can only wish.

Yea when I saw this on slashdot it was pretty impressive. I'd love to get to see a working model eventually so I can't wait until the tech becomes a little more developed and spread out amongst the public. It should be a cool thing to see indeed.... Wonder how long before someone makes a working R2D2 unit :D