xisto Community
vizskywalker

Linksys Wmp54gs And Linux Fedora Core 3

I have Linux Fedora Core 3 dual booted with Windows XP Pro. I recently purchased a Wireless card for the computer, an old 715 MHz Celeron made by Linksys, the WMP54GS. I have the matching wireless router, and everything works fine in Windows. However, Fedora does not recognize my wireless card. I have attempted to find info from the linksys site, but it is currently down. Being a novice to Linux, I was wondering if anyone here could help me?~Viz

vizskywalker: Awile back I had installed Red Hat Linux 9.0 on this computer I now using. Every thing worked fine but my lan card. I could see the other computers on the network. So I figured the card was fine. But I couldnt gain acsess to them or them to this computer The best I could figure was a lang problem. Windows ver Linux. Yet my burner was unreconised at all. From all sorces I would have to write my own driver for it. Found that site throught google under linux for all information dealing with Linux forget the sites name. Know I didnt help you much but hey I decided windows alot easyer to use than Linux is.

I've actually figured out the netowrking issue. There is a utility called ndiswrapper which allows you to use windows wireless drivers in Linux. The problem is it was designed for debian, and I can't set it up properly to install for fedora because my Fedora install is funny, and I don't have source anywhere and the folders that should exist don't. So I'm just going to reinstall Fedora since the'yr up to core 4 now and try again. But thanks anyway.~Viz