xisto Community
engineerofalex

Not Only 10 Planets space

Certainly, if we argue over semantics, any discussion quickly becomes pointless. I was simply trying to question how astronomists define other worlds; and if these criteria really generate something meaningful. If size were the simplest criterion to something being a planet, then large 'moons' that circle gas objects like Jupiter should be considered planets as some of them are pretty big. but somehow this is not a sufficient definition. so a planet must be large and orbiting a star. but why? Why should an orbit around a star have anything to do with an object's categorization of being a planet? I can't seem to find any physical constraints to a satellite, orbiting a gas giant, actually developing life. While these questions may sound meaningless to some... please don't forget that much of how new planets are being found today require that it is orbiting a star. How foolish would it be if all along, there are countless examples of 'satellites' harboring life?

Uhm yes, I'm sure there are more than ten planets in our solar system, they're just so far out there that it's hard for us to see them. But really, what was the point of you making this topic? You don't even seem to have anything intelligent to say.

I'm sorry for being so stupid, but what is the Kuiper Belt? LOL Just like clagnol said...

Is it just me or do we see headlines that exclaim "Tenth Planet found!" like every two years? How many tenth planets have we actually found? To add to the confusion, some of them are given names like 2003 UB313. C'mon astronomers, how about another Roman god? I think we're due for a Bacchus.

That is hilarious!! No, no... how is Zeus-X10 or something like that, hmm?? Hahahhaa!!! "Tenth Planet found!" like every two years... but I've heard of this every os often. But anyway, that's cool...

2003 UB313...

Two-thousand-three You-bee-three-one-three....

I wonder what they're going to name it after this "temporary time period"... lol Zeus-X10!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mwahaha...

But what in the world? There's going to be like the 11th planet? Aren't they like those really small comets/satellites that go around the sun in a HUGE range?? It's just hilarious how people try to prove something... or spend so much money just trying to discover a "planet" which is not a "planet". Weird.

There's only 8 planets now,but there's new catagorey called plutons and pluto and the 3 other dorph planets we found are now catagorized as plutons.I herd about it in the news and the paper.OMG new textbooks LOL!!!