xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamerchick39

2 Animated Doom 3 Sigs 56k Warning... large files

Thanks! I used a combination of Photoshop and Flash to make these sigs. I want to learn how to use ImageReady to do that because from what I have been told, ImageReady makes video sigs smaller in size and they dont end up grainy looking.

Thats cool I would like to see your Halo banners :) I did one for a friend on another site one time, it came out pretty good.. if I can find it I will post it, and you can post yours and we can have a super cool Halo thng goin heehee :)

1064323876[/snapback]

Yeah GIFs work best with flat colors and limited color palletes. It's possible to get a good looking video in a GIF but normally the file size is too big to use on the web. Sometimes you can get away with decreasing the number of frames and speeding it up. Also sometime if you carefully edit the color pallete and try to limit it to a range of certain color you can optimize it. For instance with this video, one could limit it to mainly to a few blues, greys and reds.

The first one I like once it stops loading. Because it goes alot faster. I think you should take out the small clip in the first one, and put maybe an enemy in the background where the small clip was. But the second one looks good the way it is. ;) Very nice job, I'm not able to do any where near as good as that.