xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wutske

Superihost, Good Host, But Limited

You get 100Mb webspace and 3Gb bandwith, 5 subdomains, 5Mb MySQL.
It's a good host, speed is good, upload and download. The response time is bit low (but higher then Xisto :D ) because of the google ads.

It started good, there was only a small banner on top, very small, but after a while they suddenly added the google ads. The server is also limited. I couldn't get the mail function working (nor php, nor sendmail). You can't use .httaccess files (gives a 500 error). It's a good host, you get less freedom than Xisto tough (and they don't have cpanel, wich rocks)

You can take a look at my old (still hosted site) to test speed etc...
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

You get 100Mb webspace and 3Gb bandwith, 5 subdomains, 5Mb MySQL.

It's a good host, speed is good, upload and download. The response time is bit low (but higher then Xisto :D ) because of the google ads.

It started good, there was only a small banner on top, very small, but after a while they suddenly added the google ads. The server is also limited. I couldn't get the mail function working (nor php, nor sendmail). You can't use .httaccess files (gives a 500 error). It's a good host, you get less freedom than Xisto tough (and they don't have cpanel, wich rocks)

You can take a look at my old (still hosted site) to test speed etc...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you are right, speed is slower than I would assume it to be. Also, I hate having ads enforced on my websites, since they take a lot of space and sometimes causes you to lose visitors. that's why i only use ad free hosts, such as Xisto :P.

I've forgotten something. PhpMyAdmin is slooooooooooooow at superihost. It's just terrible :D . And superihost is also know as 100freewebspace, or something like that. That's where I subscribed and suddenly I had a superihost account :P .

Speed is good (enough...) The only really anoying thing is the banner. I hate banners....Astahost does't have a banner is quick enough. And Xisto has sooo many features, like cPanel, Php, MySQL, phpmyadmin, fantastico...you know the rest.....astahost is the best host i ever found....(togheter with Xisto of course).

Copyright Š 2005 The Unofficial JoVolKa site Alle merknamen en copyrights op deze pagina zijn eigendom van hun respectievelijke eigenaren.  Bemotord met GeekLog
Deze pagina is aangemaakt in 5.52 seconden

Just the SQL Queries took 5.52 seconds... Not good B)