xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
finaldesign1405241487

Design Competition - 5 Milion Yen Prize! design a logo for Tokyo Midtown city...

Hi all!

I just want to anounce that there is a logo design competition at tokyomidtown.jp so if you want to earn 5 milion Yen, take a look, and submit your design until September-20-2005. I'll make sure to submit my creations and get that prize :D
Here is quote from their pages, what they expect and what this is all about:

This new district will spring up on a former Defense Agency site in Roppongi. Total project site area is about 78,400 square meters, about half of which will be given over to a lush green space.
The district will embody the vision "Japanese Values," and development is based on the themes "A Diverse Urban Oasis."

A tower building that will become the prominent symbol of the district will soar to 248.1 meters, higher than Roppongi Hills (238.06 meters) and the Tokyo Metropolitan Main Building No.1 (243.4 meters). The Ritz-Carlton, one of the worldâs most luxurious hotels, will occupy the upper stories.

The Suntory Museum of Art will relocate to the district.
The district will accommodate offices, residences, and commercial facilities.

This new district will become the town where the nature and the city, and business, living, entertainment and relaxation, and experience and progress, and Japan and the world will meet.
More than the center of Tokyo, it will be the centerpiece of Tokyoâs position in the world.

The worldâs truly cosmopolitan cities have areas that attract people from within their countries and around the world. The richness of the art and design of this district will be key elements for enhancing the appeal of Tokyo.

The new district will open in the spring of 2007.

"Tokyo Midtown" is the name of this district.

The Tokyo Midtown district will represent Tokyo.
We invite you to create a design that will represent your creativity.

So, make your design. Earn money. Don't do sigs, do real stuff :P

45,000 USD sure is a lot of money!! I wonder if the competition is open to people from outside Japan? If I knew how to do designing for logos and symbols, I would want to take part too.

Some tips on logo design below. Credits: http://ww12.grantasticdesigns.com/

Your logo should be compatible with your image
If you are a financial or legal institution, you will probably want a logo that is more conservative in design and color. Navy blue, maroon, and dark teal are good color selections for projecting a conservative image.

If you are an artist or a state-of-the-art computer company, you may want a logo that is more abstract and contemporary. Shapes and symbols are good choices for an abstract look. Even using black and white as colors on a unique design gives a contemporary look and feel.

Your logo design should be simple

One reason your logo should be simple is that people process an image in their mind more readily than words alone. The other reason that your logo should be "simple" is that the simpler your logo is, the easier it will be for your graphic designer to resize and recolor it for various design purposes. You should have various logo sizes (small, medium, and large), a web version and a print version of your logo, and a black-and-white and color version. Always plan beyond your initial design purposes for your logo since the ultimate goal of your business is to expand.

Your logo should be unique and recognizable

There are two reasons you need an unique logo. First, you want people to see a visual representation of your company or business. When people see your logo, you want them to immediately associate that logo design with you and no one else. You don't want your logo to be a piece of clip art because someone might associate that clip art with your competitor. Using an image or a typeface that is all too common defeats the purpose of having a logo, and can even have a negative backlash among your audience who would view your company as unimaginative.

Second, a unique corporate identity is important because you don't want to violate any copyrights or trademarks of other companies. If your logo is too similar to another company's logo, it is in your best interest to modify or redesign the logo. What it would cost you in time and money to have it redone would be very small compared to winding up in court for a copyright violation.

If your logo is simple and unique, and if people visit your web site repeatedly, people will associate your logo with your company. When done properly, a logo is one of the simplest ways to make a brand name recognition impact.

im so giving this a shot.. i dont know if i would win or not but hey its something to do and i already have some ideas for my logo :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good for you... I started too with my designing of logo... good luck, and remeber: keep it simple :D