xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
QBRADQ

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Hello all.My name is Brad, as you might be able to figure out from my handle. I currently hold an MCP for Windows 2000 Pro., and I am currently studying for a Security+ certification as well as MCSA and MCSE. I have ten years of personal programming experiance, mainly in compiled languages (specificaly C++). Over the past year, I have been getting fairly heavy into scripted languages and web applications.My areas of greatest experiance are as follows:Compiled Languages-> C/C++Windows program development-> C/C++ raw API (I.E., no MFC)Network program development-> Async WinSOCK-> Input / Output Completion Ports with WinSOCK-> Both TCP/IP and UDP communicationsGraphical interfaces-> Windows API and GDI-> Home-brew GUIs using graphical APIsInput systems-> Windows device interfaces-> DirectX (4.0 - 9.1a) DirectInput module-> OpenGL input device interface (limited)Graphical APIs (2D and 3D)-> OpenGL 1.4 + extensions (through summer 2003)-> DirectX (5.0 - 9.1a) DirectDraw and Direct3D modulesAnd here are some areas with which I have more limited experiance:x86 Assembly6502 Assembly-> Nintendo Entertainment System (NES, ) graphical and input registersARM 7 Assembly-> Game Body Advanced (GBA, ) graphical registersCompiled languages-> Java-> FORTRAN (very limited)-> COBALScripted languages-> Quick BASIC (4.5 - 7.0)-> Java Script-> Python (I LOVE PYTHON!)-> PHP-> Windows BASIC scripting (it's called VB script, but it's really not)-> ASP (very limited)-> eScriptAnd here are some code bases that I am familiar with:HalfLife 1 Client DLLQuake3 Client/Server control DLLEh, enough of all that. Currently I am working on a PHP web-based stratagey game along the lines of the old Archmage and Archspace. That's actualy how I came to be here, if you take my meaning. I was looking around for a place to host the site durring the alpha testing phase, and stumbled onto this place. This brings me to my next point.You guys will host my content, without ads, and all I have to do is post on your forums? HA! Oh my, now that is funny! That's my two favorite things all rolled into one: free bandwidth and storage, and forums. Yup, I've got a feeling this will be a good place for me. I don't really like the Microsoft news groups (even the ones that you have to be certified and registered for) because all they like to do there is talk shop. Plus it's mainly over-paid people trying to get others to look up the info they need, rather than Googleing it or searching the Microsoft website for it.Well, I think that's enough of an intro. I'll probly be trolling the programming and web-related forums here, as that's my areas of interest. Ohh, and I'll appologize right now for the spelling. It's been my weak point since the fifth grade :DL8t3r f00li3oZ <-- Making fun of 1337 speekQBRADQ

So basically you are saying that you spent 10 years of your life learning Scripting languages and Webbing Applications just so you can hack into video games.