xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
K McKnight

God Without Religion: Questioning Accepted Truths Book about discovering God on your own.

With grave concern for a world being torn into bits by religious divisiveness, I’d like to tell members of this forum about a new book that is a powerful guide to discovering God on one’s own. Written as a bridge between traditional organized religion and mystical spirituality, God Without Religion invites readers to examine their beliefs and explore the nature of the divine. Author Sankara Saranam (a former monk of the swami order and the son of self-exiled Iraqi Jews) welcomes the reader's willingness to question, and offers seventeen universal techniques for developing a personal relationship with God. The book is an honestly written accounting stemming from Sankara’s deep faith in a higher power, if not necessarily in any one institution that claims to serve a higher power. Called ‘a spiritual masterpiece’ that is ‘a direct path to God’ and a way out of ‘religious shackles and abuse,’ God Without Religion: Questioning Centuries of Accepted Truths was written especially for people who believe organized religion continues as the cause of humanity’s worst wars and most acute suffering, and who seek a more expansive relationship with God. I invite you to learn more at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

That's very interesting. I am definately bookmarking it. Church today has become more like a business...it's good to see people out there pushing the issue of believing in God without having to be apart of a public congregation and just worshipping in their own way. :D

and that the biggest plague that has the world is religion.

So religions are worse than governments. Governments start wars. Where was religion at the start of world war 2? And I suppose that religions are worse than companies. Companies cheat people out of money and profiteer from the suffering of millions of people. Oh, was that because of the religion that these companies subscribed to?

What a load of crap. Open your eyes. Look at the world and its problems. There is a persistent cause running through it all the worst of it. It is human beings. Whether they are involved in government, or companies, or religous groups they never live up to their promises, and when you take a closer look you see the same sickness, hypocracy, and selfishness.

The truth is that you are human being and you are so apalled by what you see that you want to shift the blame on some convenient scapegoat. The Nazi Germans tried that. Be careful. Denial is an easy way to become what you hate.

and that the biggest plague that has the world is religion.

Wow....... Deja vu...... like really .. Wow!I have heard this before somewhere......
Oh, now I remember.
When Tibet welcomed the Chinese representatives after world war II, just before they proceeded to systematically exterminate their culture and everything they valued in their lives.

I repect the fact that you have had unpleasant experiences with religious human beings. But tolerance, understanding and acceptance is the only answer.

"When a coin in the coffer rings a soul from purgatory springs". I agree about the evils that come from organized religion, but also see the good in it. Morality, and good values can be extracted from any of the religious text. What turns organized religion is fanatics. Religious texts should be never interperated literally, and fanatics operate on the set in stone principal. Therefore they do all kinds of crazy **** in order not to contradict the texts; God is infallible. Sometimes they use the texts in order to have an excuse for their crazy foushizmo. In short organized religion isn't bad, its just the douche bags that use it as an excuse to do bad. Rot.... G.W Bush.

Religion is not the problem. Extremism and hate are the problem. Sometimes religion is used as an excuse, sometimes race, sometimes cultural differences. Whatever. Its the will to see others as your enemy, and treat them as less than human, to see yourself as superior, that causes the problems. Now, sometimes religion is an excuse, and it shouldn't be. But don't let that get the two things confused.