xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Phonzy

Was Area51 The Halo Killer?

I have bought the game but it doesn't work on my computer. I think my DVD-Rom is kinda messed. I'll have to try again though.Also, can you explain what 'Halo killer' means?I've watched the trailer for Area-51. Wow, it's really fictional - Area-51 is just an outpost in the middle of an American desert. Workers go there and do stuff. Very secretive... I don't think there's an underground base there. No, sir.

While I havn't heard that area 51 was expected to be a halo killer... and I havn't played Area 51... uh... it's not a halo killer. If anything dominates the Xbox FPS fanbase in place of halo/halo 2 it will be big news. Area 51 kind of came and went without much notice

Was Area-51 the Halo Killer?

Simply: No

Just like Jeigh said, nothing beats the fan base of the Halo series. Area-51 won't support multiplayer much and it's one of those story-mode-only games with limited multiplayer. Something similar to Global Operations... I really liked the singleplayer mode but I think Battlefield copied it.

I haven't played Area 51 yet, but I have a Halo buddy that has and says that although the game is awesome, it's nothing compared to Halo... I trust him, so I'm sure he's right....

I would say after playing area 51 for the first time today, that it although a good game,does not meet the level of game that halo is.I have only played the game for an hour or so, i found it a good game and can see myself sitting there to complete it. Ican only see myself playing through the once though as it is not that much of an engrossing game like the halo games.Its definately worth buying as its will take a while to complete within a rental time.

There is no possible way that area51 is going to ever be better that the Halo games. Halo is just like mario a world renouned name that everyone knows. Halo will be know for a long time and with the rumor of a Halo 3 coming out Halo will still be on of the best microsoft games ever made. HALO RULES and you cant take that away!!!!!!!

if you look into the game hype, now that area 51 has been out for a while, halo is still going strong... that sucks for area 51.....

I hated Area 51, it blew on so many levels. David Duchovny's voice acting made me want to fall asleep at first, then it made me loose hope in humanity. Yes, I've lost all hope. Thanks Mulder.Halo is just a success because it has a very solid engine that promotes a effectively immervise combat system. The combat, though simple, allows for advancement in techniques beyond simply who can jump around corridors and shoot everything moving the fastest. There is a certain skill to it.

There is no way in my opinion that area 51 is a halo beater, the story behind halo is so much more origonal and indepth than area 51. Although area 51 did have its moments (morphing into an alien for example) but it just cannot compeat with halo. look at halo 2 its been out ages and is still the most popular live game out there, that has to tell you somthing about it.