xisto Community
thablkpanda

Your Views On Macromedia Fireworks Yeah, You graphix peoples...

You Hi-Efficency Graphix people are going to kill me for this, however I like Macromeida Fireworks as a Graphics Designing program. Opposed to Photoshop and Imageready (I've never been a fan of Adobe, i guess I'm a lil biased) But I always found Photoshop to be too complicated, and I had no need to read tutorials and such about it..Fireworks is really simplistic, and allows for Photoshop-like effects with minimal effort. Anyone else here use Fireworks and have postive stuff to say? Or suggest a REALLY good reason for me to use Photoshop? (The small majority of us Fireworks users, UNITE! (Like two, out of a few thousand)) Lol.Panda

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

UNITE MY PEOPLE!!!!!!FIREWORKS RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have also tried other graphics software, and decided for myself that firework is the simpler one...I can really let my mind fly with it, and i don't actually have to read tutorials or spend hours trying to figure it out!So, my fireworks people, UNITE!!!!!!Let's share our knowledge!

FireWorks is ok software ..but If you already know that Macromedia has been bought by Adobe. So i think in future they would be publishing a FireWorks which is blend of both Adobe and Macromedia technology. Adobe bought Macromedia mostly for its Flash. Adobe is a good company and so was Macromedia ..but i dont like the idea of Adobe being a cannot-be-challanged undisputed giant in print and internetIf you want free softwares..GIMP is ok to use image editing software.

I prefer Photoshop and Illustrator over fireworks, but I never really used fireworks all that much. I always found adobe products to be quite easy to learn. The first time I used photoshop I just made a huge mess on purpose and clicked everything to see what it did. When I was younger I used an adobe application that was sort of a primitive photoshop-esque application though so I learned how to use layers etc in that. WHen I got into photoshop I felt like I had already been using it for a while. WHat I like about adobe is that all of there programs work well from one application to the next. The work process just seems very fluid wheather you are going to weeb, or motion graphic or print, etc. I still use other macromedia programs like flash and dreamweaver quite often, though.

I myself prefer Adobe Pthoshop 7.0/CS and Imageready over fireworks. Although, I do like macromedia flash for small projects. I think that in the aspects of designing, photoshop has a lot more to offer if you learn how to use it properly. But, when coding a website or trying to add a little special touch, I think that DreamWeaver should be your preferred program. I am currently working on a large grachics site and trying to get 30 credits on these forums, but if you really want help with photoshop, AIM me at SwetnK or e-mail me at Astro1131@aol.com. I would be happy to give tips, comment, or even design a few things for you.All in all, I think adobe prducts is the way to go.(and I agree with foola, it feels natural the first time you use it)

I also happen to like Fireworks. I have used the Studio MX version, the Studio 8 version, and now I'm using the Adobe CS3 version. I find it easier to use than Photoshop. And I like that I can get Photshop-like effects in it. I also like that it saves in png format so that i may come bac and edit a file with seperate layers and export it in other formats as well. For me, it's just one of the better graphic editing programs out there.

My school has both Macromedia Fireworks and Adobe Photoshop. Both business and communications technology teach Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Fireworks remains largely untouched, however on some computers it is the default program to handle JPEG files.I have used Photoshop and found that is a quite powerful software. Even though we only spent 2.5 weeks on working with Photoshop, there is a vast array of tools to help you create/fix-up your images. I have also used the GIMP at home and found that to be very powerful as well.I tend to think of Photoshop to be for photos and images and the GIMP for manipulating images (but not photos). Macromedia Fireworks, it's slow and I haven't worked with it really.

Personally, I like to use Firework when time I build slices and another effects such as rollout, rollover ... etc.It simply enough and can do the job well within 10 - 15 mins.However, when doing other graphics editing.It is not good as compared with Adobe Photoshop.Any one may required to spend some time to master the operations.