xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Scribe

Need Help With Sound Card Installation Problems

I installed a new sound card because the one on my motherboard stopped working properly. First time, the drivers installed correctly and I was able to listen to all my music. Now, every time I turn off the computer or restart, I have to uninstall and then reinstall the drivers before I can play anything. Is there a reason for this, and is there a solution to this problem?-Scribe-

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Not shure whether this might help, but did you already disabled the onboard sound card ?And doesn't the device manager report problems after reboot ?

Not shure whether this might help, but did you already disabled the onboard sound card ?

And doesn't the device manager report problems after reboot ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah i did disable onboard sound card, and he device manager doesn't report any problems. That's why I came here for help.. I'm stumped.

Try this: Uninstall ALL sound card drivers, etc. then turn your computer off and take out the actual card. Then put the card back in and unplug the speakers. Then turn your computer back on and reinstall the drivers for the sound card that you have. After that turn off your computer and plug the speakers back in. Then reboot your computer and it should work. If not tell me what type of computer you have and I'll see what I can do.

no need. I got fed up with windows XP in the end so I just formatted the whole hard drive and installed Windows 2000 again. I prefer it actually. The sound card works fine, as far as I can tell. Thanks for the help anyway! :D