xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CKY

Phpbb Help How do I put on the new Style?

The style you download should gotta a readme.txt fiel.Read it you will know what install the new skin.I'm ever installed CaliskinV6 for my IPB. I think Phpbb is the same way.:_)

i prefer download tar.gz instead of .zip

cause.. extracting the .zip file from cPanel will become 666 for files and 777 for folders/directories. it needs chmod 1 by 1.

using .tar.gz file, there will become 644 for files and 755 for folders.

For changing the styles, means the themes?

just put all associated files into theme directory, then change the theme from admin forum of phpBB.

the same way for add languages..

You can upload the zip file to the templates folder and unzip it there.

60523[/snapback]

Here's a quick guide to it.

1. Download your theme.

2. Login in via FTP to your Xisto account

3. extract your file

4. in your FTP manager, click the folder that holds your forum. (example: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - you get the point :))

5. Now that you're in the foler, click click templates, (you've said you can't find the templates folder, which is really wierd, try to look closer)

6. You SHOULD, but not nessarily see another foler called "SubSilver", that is the default template that you are using on your forum now.

7. Simply drag and drop your theme (example: nosebleed, corundum, whatever) into your templates folder. DO NOT put it in the Subsilver one. you should have something like this

>forum (This is the giant folder that holds your forum)
->templates
-->SubSilver
-->Your theme

Notice that Your theme and subsilver shold be in the same directory.

8. Now, simply log on into your admin panel, which should be on the bottom of your forum when you login.

9. On the left side of the admin sidebar, under the "Styles Admin" Category, click "Add". You should see the name of your theme that you just placed in the template folder.

10. Click the Install theme button

11. Now, go to your general admin control panel and click "configuration".

under the "General Board Settings" you should see something like this:

Override user style
Replaces users style with the default

chnage it from SubSilver to the name of your theme, which should be in the drop down menu

Your Done!

Sorry if I made this too long. If you still don't get it, PM me and I'll install the theme for you.

-whyme