xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
prosorcerer

Click To See Which Anti-virus Is The Best

Well, i didn't invent this.I saw this ranking in other sites and I conducted a survey by myself.Here is the ranking:1. NOD32.2. Kapersky Anti-Virus.3. Norton Anti-Virus.4. Other free software.Well, hoped this helped :)

Not sure if you posted this in the correct category since it's mainly for Security Issues & Exploits.

Well, what site conducted these tests? There is not "best" antivirus program. Some catch certain trojans/viruses while others will miss them. I guess they base it on ease of use and probably the user interface also.

Norton? LOL. That antivirus has got to be one of the more unstable ones out there. Not to bash it or anything, but I help lots of users fix their computers and one of the problems that come up is Norton. Once I ask them to uninstall Norton, it seems like the "Gates" are open again. I ask them to install AVG and they love it.

Heard good things about NOD32 and Kapersky, so they probably will be one of the top antivirus programs there. TrendMicro Antivirus can probably be one of them also.

Give us the link to this survey if you still have it.

NOD32 IS the best!!!!!!!!!!! it catches 10 times more than Norton, and i got it for all my 15 computers. i can support those studies that say NOD32 is the best. kaspersky is good too, but the prob is that it bogs down your system. NOD32 on the other hand is so lightweight.

I definitely agree that nod32 is the best its all i hav been using since the rise and fall of AVG about 2 years ago and its excellent with its pre set In depth analysis and Active monitor feature thats always scanning ur files WITHOUT holding down resources just to make sure is brilliant. I dont think u can get anymore user friendly with its one click options and not to say that it cant be configured for all those experts out there. so im not suprised.

OK, I wanted to see what all the rave was about and looked at NOD32. I see the 30 day trial download. Is there a free edition for personal use or it's only paid version?

OK, I wanted to see what all the rave was about and looked at NOD32.  I see the 30 day trial download.  Is there a free edition for personal use or it's only paid version?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

unfortunately there's only the paid version if u want to keep it. but if you try it and like it, then the price is pretty reasonable.

I love my kav it detects every thing even the viruses and trojans i make myself witch i test to see if kav detects. but the biggest part that i love about the new kav that i got is i host all of there programs and because im using there beta its totally free. I think that KAV is the best and it doesnt really slow my machine down but thats probly because im running 1 gid ram but anyways Nod 32 is good and it is light wieght but Kav antvirus detects more because NOD doesnt detect some of the Trojans that i make but it sucks to say that KAV does