xisto Community
remy

Flyer For My Band comments, criticism...

Did you do the illustrations yourself?As a flyer, it does what it's supposed to do, although the text may be hard to read among the image. You could try fading the image somewhat. As for the website at the bottom, really can't make it out.

Is the original going to be in black and white, or is that just an artefact? If it's really in black and white, I can already see a minor glitch: I can't manage to make out one letter of the URL in the corner because of a contrast problem.As to the general design, it depends among other things on the style of the music, and since I can't make out the URL, I can't easily check that out.Also, the contrast between the background image and the overlaid print might be a little two strong. And wouldn't it be better if all of the band names were in the same type style, and if there were more coordination among the font sizes?

i like it but i agree with the others.. if your gonna use the image you might wanna fade it some to make the text more readable... for me personally i wouldnt use the image cuz the text covers most of it anyway.. although fading it may help it out.. and i think the website at the bottom should be centeredbut i do like the concept and the look.. really cool, i would go see you guys play if i lived in florida heehee

i agree with the posts that say you should dim the background image. I also think that with the theme of the image, you might want to find a more interesting font, (that's still legible). And if the flyer isn't in black and white, make sure the font color contrasts with the rest of the flyer so that it stands out and you can read it.

other than the fade of the background image, which i think is needed, i think that you should remove the 'band performing' text and use the space to make the more important bands text size bigger. that may be the nor for gig posters but i think the right way to go and makes the viewer realise that it is a gig poster.also i think that if you are going to center justify it should all be central, i.e. the web address should be central.hope that helps you and good luck with the gig.

Well nice one .. but like all said .. u need to reduce the opacity of the picture .. and well givin the font some style mite help ... there r many cool fonts out there .. so u mite wana see which one goes with ur band genre .. And i guess a lil color would put sum life into it .. best of luck ..

I would suggest that you play with scale a bit to establish a hierarchy in the information. A very effective design will lead you eye brain in some order while "reading" the design. Make the masthead large and maybe scale down the other information a little. I think that information like the address can be smaller, because if you have got the reader's attention they should have no problem reading on to find the address. As others have said maybe if the background illustration was dimmed. You could go for a dark background with white text or a light background with dark text. I agree that you might try a different typeface that is more appropriate, but careful about legibility.

Everybody has the same opinion.So, I give mine, which is exactly the opposite. I like the picture, I like the fonts, an I don't care if the www thing is not really readable. I like the general feeling when looking at the image, I don't know the artists but I like the way their name is on the flyer.

I kind of scanned through everyone elses posts, so hopefully my opinions haven't been stated too many timesI don't like the centering of your text.your "bands performing is way off to the left and your prices are way off to the right, i think for what your going for you should either have EVERYTHING centered oR NOTHING.I think the poster needs some color (as i think has been stated) your font is kind of a basic font. not A TOTAL downfall, but it adds to the basic...ness of the poster.I also think it needs a minor border of somesort.

i say add some color to it and also use some grunge brushes in the background to the the renders some depth as well.